Author Topic: Cinco De Mayo was more like Stinko De Mayo  (Read 2017 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Cinco De Mayo was more like Stinko De Mayo
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:35:25 PM »
Today looked like a picture perfect day.  My next door neighbor was finally off to go fishing with me to IBSP.  He had never been along for the ride on any beach before so this was a new experience for him.

We loaded up our stuff and headed out.  Topped off the tank at Wawa picked up some vital nourishment items and headed over to Grumpys for bait and replenish a few bucktails I lost on Friday.

Right off the bat I knew we were doomed.  NO CLAMS, Whats up with that?  So I settled for some mullet as that was the second choice that has been found in the bellies of both blues and stripers so far.

We headed out to the N. Jetty.  It was beautiful out there except for one thing the current was running faster than cousin Ernies snot on a cold day after a bad cold.

Just for slaps and giggles I threw on 5 0z weight and it never reached bottom.  I went up to a 6oz and then 8oz, Joe asre you sure those weights I won were the right weight?  Man that was fast, much fastyer than normal.  Why?  Then I looked at the tide chart and saw that it was a New Moon Phase, now it all made sense.

OK, I explained to Guy the whole problem so he just shrugged it off and agreed that it was just great to be out there.  He had some antique plugs that he threw at whatever and had a ball.

I in turn was just throwing everything I could think of just to get a strike.  It was not meant to be.  It is still early, so I keep telling myself.  At least we weren't the only ones that were not catching, all the regulars out there were for the most part having a good old gab session.

I will wright this as well in the Conditions as IBSP as well.  The summer rules have gone into play already and a few people were given tickets for going north of A7 on the beach with their vehicles.  Be careful and read all the signs that are posted on the beach.

It seems like thee is no grace period as an elderly gentleman was given a summons and he was pissed.  I guess the State has to get the revenue some how.

Needless to say the day was a beautiful one but the Skunk still hurts.  I will never give up as the season has just begun and I will pull in my firsr keeper bass soon, yep any day now, you watch.

Happy Catching All,

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
Re: Cinco De Mayo was more like Stinko De Mayo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:42:02 PM »
WELCOME TO MY WORLD  rofla
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:32 AM »
Nice try Paul t^
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:46:55 AM »
Good try Paul.
Oh, I didn't tell you? I filled the weights with helium. Easier to carry that way.   ;D

The new moon and full moon always gets the current whipping. Give it three days after and the fish will be roaming looking for the food the swift current dredged up.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
Good try Paul.
Oh, I didn't tell you? I filled the weights with helium. Easier to carry that way.   ;D

Makes sense! rofla

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
I am hoping to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow but I don't know if that is going to happen.

Thursday they are calling for rain.  We'll see...

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »
i went to the Ship Bottom surf today.....ZILCH! beautiful weather...calm sea, clean water. no fish, except the gigantic skates. caught two of those...broke off a big blue at the drop. got a nice sunburn on the potbelly though! t^
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-