Author Topic: Point Pleasent Inlet  (Read 1938 times)

Offline jmd41

Point Pleasent Inlet
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »
Fished the wall today from 11:00am till 3:30pm.  All the blues you can handle. Everyone was hooking up!! It was like non stop.  Left them bitting around 3:30pm.  Sorry no pics, but my phone ended up on the bottom of the inlet  :'(

Oh yea, they were all in the 1-3lb range.
Jim

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Point Pleasent Inlet
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »
Nice catch.  t^ Bummer about the cell phone.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wink_man

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »
JMD, it was a pleasure meeting you and talking to you today at the inlet. It was also a lot of fun watching the carnage from a non-angling(spectator) perspective LOL. Blues flying over the wall everywhere you looked. I just happenned to stop at Alex's, because I was low on 7 inch Fin-s fish. Lost a good striper this morning in the canal on a Fin-s, and was low, and needed a few more.

Anyways, those blues at the inlet worked all the way up the canal to the Route 88 bridge by 5:30PM when I got there, and there wasn't a single blue there to be caught this morning. I was trying for a striper, but the blasted blues kept biting the large Fin-s in half. 2 five packs of 7 inch Fin-s purchased today, and only 2 of them left, thanks to the blues. The blues were so thick, I left at 7:30PM, instead of fishing till after dark, because they just would have kept biting them off, and I had no shot at a striper that way.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:19:58 PM by wink_man »

Offline jmd41

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
Very nice to meet you too. Too bad about your FinS.  I was told they killed the strippers last night in the Navesink by the oceanic bridge. Well it sure was fun catching those demons and chassing them thru the puddle. I would have fished for strippers myself last night, but I had to go get a new cell phone  ;D
Hope to see you again soon.  Tight Lines
Jim

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »
Nice Guys!!.  Gotta love them blue t^

Offline SCRAPYARD

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »
thursday fished 3 hours same area was dead

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-