Author Topic: Bunker  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Quadruplecccc

Bunker
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:14:12 AM »
I'm thinkin about gettin out on Sat. Usually launch from A.H. but this time will prob. use Keyport. Must rely on snagging bunker for now. Can anyone tell me if the bunker are still at G.K. in numbers or if they are accessible anywhere else besides there??  I only get to go once in a awhile due to work schedule so if anyone could give me some insight to save some time and energy, I would really apreciate it! THANKS!!!  chuck   slt

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Bunker
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
i will be leaving AH Saturday morning.  The bunker are loaded up at GK, but you can also get them by the sailboats in the AH marina.  Keyport marina also holds them, but best choice from recent reports is GK. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline FinItalia

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »
It is 6pm on Wed 5/21.  My son just informed me that Great Kills is loaded with Bunker.  He is @ Romer where he is already limited out.  I couldn't go, (working late, my luck), guess I'll get the filet knives ready.

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:31:31 PM »
If you are launching in Keyport look there first... the end of last week they were in the creek heavy........
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline Quadruplecccc

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
thanks for the heads up! lookin forward to gettin out, i will try keyport and move on from there

Offline mgm

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »
thanks for the heads up! lookin forward to gettin out, i will try keyport and move on from there

My charter hit GK at 5 AM this morning and it took 3 casts of the net to bring about 120 bunker to the pot.

I think as the day fishing fleet moves in it will be chaotic at best....get there early if Keyport doesn't produce.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline jlavine

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 05:55:21 PM »
The bait shop at the atlantic highlands marina sometimes carries live bunker in cages under the dock (i think).  May want to give them a call if you plan to launch there.

Also, does anyone know any good bait shops in jersey city, liberty state park, bayonne area?

Jeff

Offline bayonne

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:10:25 PM by bayonne »

Offline GregB

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
call Moe's first. He always had fresh bunker before I started cast netting my own.
"The Fourth Dependent"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-