Author Topic: On vacation from midwest and need help!  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Pastor Ray

On vacation from midwest and need help!
« on: June 07, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »
I'll be on vacation from Indiana for one week (July 26-August 2). I love to fish, but don't know where to begin when it comes to saltwater fishing without a boat from shore, pier, etc. I'll be staying at Ocean City (between 12th & 13th street). What are some good places to fish? What fish are biting at this time of year? What bait (live or artificial) should I use? Can anyone out there give me a crash course? I am reading articles on the website.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:42:33 PM by Pastor Ray »

Offline wink_man

Re: On vacation from midwest and need help!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »
Sorry Sir, I fish north of where you are, and am not familiar with the fishing in the Ocean City area. However, many here are, and are probably out fishing now, so I'm sure you'll get some help and advice when they come onto the forum this evening.

Should you be able to change your plans and stay in the Point Pleasant area, let me know, and I'll put you on plenty of fish, and you won't need a boat either. Best of luck to you.

Garry

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:29:48 PM »
Pastor

Welcome to the site.........I fish further North but during that time you should be able to hook up with Fluke, Blues and Stripers if fishing from shore.......go before dawn and at Sunset if you want to target Stripers.....there are Plenty of Party/Charter boats in that area......if you fish the weekdays, the crowds on the party boat should not be a problem....then you can also do some Sea Bass and Tog Fishing from a boat..........

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »
Welcome To The site..  I believe Member Sean did a report on fishing in that area.. I'll look that up. and also send Captain Mike from the Stray Cat from that area in this directing..He's runs some great affordable trips down there..

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
I'll be on vacation from Indiana for one week (July 26-August 2). I love to fish, but don't know where to begin when it comes to saltwater fishing without a boat from shore, pier, etc. I'll be staying at Ocean City (between 12th & 13th street). What are some good places to fish? What fish are biting at this time of year? What bait (live or artificial) should I use? Can anyone out there give me a crash course? I am reading articles on the website.

Hello Pastor Ray! Welcome to the site. I can probably help you out with some locations, and may even be able to join you one day if you are looking for any company. Always good to to find a fishing buddy! Who knows, maybe I will someday find myself in Indiana and need some help in the freshwater fishing dept. ! Stay in touch with me as the time gets closer and I will keep you up to date on what's running and where the fish are biting.
Hope to hear back from you soon!
Sean  t^
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 02:29:12 PM »
Welcome Aboard Pastor Ray,

Sean is the man for down your way.

Good luck on your vacation outings. 

Happy catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pastor Ray

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
Sean,

Thanks for your help. You seem to be the one whose closest to where I'll be - Ocean City (between 12th and 13th Street). Near the 14th Street fishing pier. Do you ever fish there? What kind of artificial baits do you use for casting/retrieving? As time gets closer, I'll give you my cell phone. Perhaps we can meet just to chat (or perhaps fish). Thanks for the reply.

Pastor Ray  grtn

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
The pier garners most attention. I beilive that the jetties towards the north end of the boards will give you a better shot. If you feel uncomfortable standing on a jetty casting around it is also productive.  The common OC bait that time of year is definitely Killies and squid combined. This is a steady producer for fluke. I believe there is a nice "L" jetty (shaped like an L) at the north end of town. 

GOOD LUCK
blynch   
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-