Author Topic: FB 6/13 late report  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
FB 6/13 late report
« on: June 15, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »
Being as I knew I wouldn't be able to fish this weekend, I decided to take Friday off. Called my bud Dave, who was more than happy to play hooky, and our friend Pat joined us at the dock in Keansburg for a 6:30am start. While I had wanted to get in some Bass fishing, as Pat had not been fluking in a while, we decided to start off looking for flatties. Our first drift along the edge of the Reach yeilded a few just barely shorts, and near the end of the drift, Dave sets up on one, turns around and gives me that "ya better get the net" look. I do, and shortly thereafter we have a fat 6 lber flopping on the deck! After seeing that fish, I knew Bassing wasn't likely the rest of the day ;D  We made a few more drifts in the area landing  several shorts and birds, but only 1 more keeper. Moved around through the rest of the outgoing, picking away at shorts up to 17 3/4" but no more keepers until the start of the incoming. By then, we had worked our way close to the hook, where we had a pretty  steady pick of fish. While most where short we managed 3 more keepers, for a total of 5 out of about 50, before calling it quits. Of course, I heard later how good the Bass fishing had been outside, but I  still had a great time and lots of laughs with the boys..

Offline wink_man

Re: FB 6/13 late report
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:57:53 PM »
Sounds like a great day on the water with good friends and a fine catch, nice size fish. Everyone has the same problem, you seem to go through a lot of shorts to get a keeper at the 18 inch size. Just like the blackfish, we recreational fisherman have so raped the fluke fishery so badly, that we need to make sure there will be enough for the commercial fisherman, LOL, hence the 18 inch size limit. Nice pics and good report. The bass will be there next week, hopefully anyways.

Garry

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »
Nice report and catch Mark. Don't know how the bassing has been up that way, but down by Shark River it has been good. I think it may be a few more days before the bass hit that area in numbers.

Again, good job.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
nice fat flattie
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
 t^ Nice job, looks you had a nice day.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
nice fluke

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-