Author Topic: any one ever fished bayonne golf course walkway  (Read 2132 times)

Offline maldonw

• Full Member of the Den
any one ever fished bayonne golf course walkway
« on: September 08, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
hey guys i was just curious if any one had been there and how was it? im from clifton and its closer than going down to the inlet or further southespecially since i got a gas eating f-150 rgmn . or any other place up north here for that matter thanks

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: any one ever fished bayonne golf course walkway
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:43:20 PM »
Gymrat978654321 will have all the info for you.  He just posted something about it not too long ago.

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=8228.0

TT^

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
That is a great spot for bluefish and stripers. I find that the best spot is all the way at the end where the water is deeper. You can also try the very beginning when you enter. Try topwater poppers in the beginning. The best bait there now is a bunker chunk. In the spring sandworms are good for bass. Its also a good idea to have a long landing net or a gaff as you are about 8 feet above the water at high tide. The kayak launch is a good spot for snappers and also to drop a killie pot for bait. Ive seen close to a 25 pound striper caught there last year and some really nice bluefish. Some days (especially in June) there is bunker jumping as far and the eye can see. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.  t^

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »
My son and I do allot of ultra light fishing there for snappers and small stripers. We've never tried targeting larger fish. I have seen a few bigger fish being walked back to a car. Those being all bluefish in the #4-7 class. Never witnessed any keeper bass caught-but not saying they aren't.

Also a great place to gather fiddler and asian shore crabs for sea bass/blackfishing....that is if you don't mind walking out on the mud flats at low tide. You can also dig your own sandworms there, although that is very labor intensive. As mentioned also possible to pot your own killies.

Gymrat, thought I would have saw/met you down there over Labor Day weekend. My son & I were there all 3 days. We combined for 77 fish.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
I was planning on going but something else came up. I wasnt down there since late August. I think ill give it a shot this weekend maybe. (if I don't get too much homework  rgmn ) The first time I went there was May 2007, I set up my rod with a bunker chunk and waited, 2 guys came along and set up 5 or 6 rods between them, we were there for about 20 mins then one rod bends, then another, and another, soon all 7 rods had fish on them at once (only 3 guys there), I think 4 or 5 of them were keeper bass and the rest were bluefish. This being my first saltwater fishing expierence I didn't have a steel leader and the bluefish cut my line.  rgmn I learned a lot that day from the guys that were down there and then a few days later I went back after school (with a steel leader) and caught the fish that is currently my avatar.

Offline maldonw

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »
That is a great spot for bluefish and stripers. I find that the best spot is all the way at the end where the water is deeper. You can also try the very beginning when you enter. Try topwater poppers in the beginning. The best bait there now is a bunker chunk. In the spring sandworms are good for bass. Its also a good idea to have a long landing net or a gaff as you are about 8 feet above the water at high tide. The kayak launch is a good spot for snappers and also to drop a killie pot for bait. Ive seen close to a 25 pound striper caught there last year and some really nice bluefish. Some days (especially in June) there is bunker jumping as far and the eye can see. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.  t^
thanks gymrat hey is there a local bait & tackle near there ? i dont have any bluefish or striper rigs or and bait thanks will probably try this weekend or next to head over there

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »
True World Bait & Tackle is located on Broadway & 36th (?) Street--next to the Quik Check. At least for the next few weeks then they will be moving @ 1.5 blocks south on Broadway on the opposite side of the street.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-