Author Topic: Fall trout stocking  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Fall trout stocking
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:27:31 PM »
Starting soon!!!!!

Fresh water MONGERING

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fall trout stocking
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »
Just a couple of weeks to go.  I have my trout stamp this year...  I haven't trout fished in many, many years.

TT^

Offline mgm

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »
Yup, and this rain should get stream levels up for the initial stocking.....some nice breeders going in this year. t^
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »
yea, i dunno which i would rather do this year though.  hit the streams and watch as people crowd, shoulder to shoulder, just like the spring, or hit the beach.  i guess it all depends on the weather and how the fall run is progressing.

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »
small creeks, no crowds, and the biggest trout of the year is why i like it t^

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »
I can't wade a trout strream anymore but when I did a lot of trout fishing, my favorite time of year was the winter. Plenty of holdover fall stocked fish and next to no one fishing.

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »
yea, winter time is the right time.....my favorite stream is the stretch of the s branch known as the gorge.  artificial only.....which i only fly fish for trout anyways.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »
That's one of my favorite areas too. I like the stetch below the lake in Califon to where the Gorge starts.

One Christmas morning I got two beutiful 18" rainbows right after each other there.

Also like the Pequest in Belvidere below the falls and the South Branch around High Bridge.

Offline Bobby Wilds

• AKA abitskrewd
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
yea, those are all good areas.  i also like the musky along rt 57.  used to be good up at the rt 80 bridge, but with all the development it really slowed up and became too stagnant. 

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »
Cannot wait checked out my spot on Sat  ;)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »
FYI...email from the nj div of F&G

Big Trout Stocked in October for NJ Fall Trout Season‏
Sent: Mon 9/29/08 3:22 PM
To: 

If you haven't gone trout fishing in New Jersey lately, you just might need a bigger net. During October, more than 21,000 super-sized trout are being stocked throughout the state. At 14 inches to 20 inches, these brook trout, brown trout and rainbow trout will have reels screaming from Sussex County to Atlantic County. Trout fishing in New Jersey isn't just a spring thing anymore. In fact, the fishing's even better in the fall. Beautiful weather, spectacular foliage, more elbow room and best of all: those big trout. So get out on the water and get in on the hottest trout fishing action in the tri-state area. Simply buy and print your fishing license and trout stamp online at www.njfishandwildlife.com/licenses.htm. It's that easy. To learn more about fall trout stocking, visit www.njfishandwildlife.com/flstk.htm or call the Trout Stocking Hotline at (609) 633-6765. There's no better way to spend your time and money this fall than trout fishing in New Jersey.  What's the catch? Just that big trout on the end of your line.  This message was sent to you by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Fish and Wildlife.

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
FYI...email from the nj div of F&G

Big Trout Stocked in October for NJ Fall Trout Season‏
Sent: Mon 9/29/08 3:22 PM
To: 

If you haven't gone trout fishing in New Jersey lately, you just might need a bigger net. During October, more than 21,000 super-sized trout are being stocked throughout the state. At 14 inches to 20 inches, these brook trout, brown trout and rainbow trout will have reels screaming from Sussex County to Atlantic County. Trout fishing in New Jersey isn't just a spring thing anymore. In fact, the fishing's even better in the fall. Beautiful weather, spectacular foliage, more elbow room and best of all: those big trout. So get out on the water and get in on the hottest trout fishing action in the tri-state area. Simply buy and print your fishing license and trout stamp online at www.njfishandwildlife.com/licenses.htm. It's that easy. To learn more about fall trout stocking, visit www.njfishandwildlife.com/flstk.htm or call the Trout Stocking Hotline at (609) 633-6765. There's no better way to spend your time and money this fall than trout fishing in New Jersey.  What's the catch? Just that big trout on the end of your line.  This message was sent to you by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Fish and Wildlife.

Good stuff  t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Yeah, this is the States way of trying to get more people to fish freshwater and buy licenses and trout stamps.  The last few years, giong off of licenses bought was significantly lower and some of the lowest numbers in decades!!  If this is what they will continue to do...FINE by me ;D!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-