Author Topic: Suffern Show 3-5-09  (Read 4433 times)

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
Suffern Show 3-5-09
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
Pickup Balkito this afternoon and headed north to the show in Suffern Ny.....

Seems like same report every year but still a day out of the house....

Tuff to park since some classes were still in session at the CC, but crowd inside was nice and lite...

Nothing new really... NO Sham WoW Vince, but a fake shammy booth was set up  .. Show just doesnt have that kick to it any more and really hasn't in years....

Did purchase a few items, knife sharpeners, flouro leader (gami booth buy 2 get one free and Akira in the True World booth had seaguar and yo zuri 20 percent off)

REALLY dissapointed a certain rod company wasn't there... I know they have been having finacial wowes and kayak guy who was in the spot the rod guy should have been said he was a last minute move to that spot but doesn't know why... HOPE the economy hasnt gotten to this company like it has others.....

Best deal we seen was a booth Trophy Rod Co... had all boat rods $20.00, they were decent for the doe...

Lastly met up with the WORLD FAMOUS Capt Fred of Andreas Toy fame... had a VERY interesting long talk with him..... also let us know he is moving up to the 36ft contender with triple OB's this season.... best of luck with it Fred and good talking to ya again
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline gjb1969

Re: Suffern Show 3-5-09
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
now i am glad i did not go will wait for the saltwater show t^
dirty water angler

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »
Thanks for the report on the show.

I too will wait for the Somerset show. Same company puts it on. I have been there the last few years, not a bad show. If nothing else, as The Broken One said, it is a good day out.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »
I saw Capt. Fred on the tv on Northeast angling.
Thats a big boat he is purchasing! chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
REALLY dissapointed a certain rod company wasn't there...

Which one? 5hrug

Offline Capt. Joe G

• Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »
a think a little fla. rod company..????

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
Nice report Broken One..Sorry I missed you there.. I agree, this show hasn't changed much in the last 10 years...  I was excited after seeing in the Fisherman that Mud Hole had a booth there this year, but was then let down as they where only giving out catalogs and had brought no rod building inventory at all.. but it's still a fun time.. I'm not sure what rod co. you mean.. I saw all the majors, although I don't recall seeing Lami? I talked to alot of my old friends who are veteran tackle reps, and they all told me business is bleak and all where obviously worried.  nosmly I believe even if people are'nt feeling the pinch yet, fear is keeping them from spending money on luxury items like tackle.. I know I went there with the mindset that I really don't NEED any tackle, and I'm being careful with my $$ to be sure there is enough left to actually fish this season..  chrz

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
I'm not sure what rod co. you mean.. I saw all the majors, although I don't recall seeing Lami?

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Lamiglas is supposed to have a booth there this year. 5hrug

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »
I'm not sure what rod co. you mean.. I saw all the majors, although I don't recall seeing Lami?

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Lamiglas is supposed to have a booth there this year. 5hrug

They may have been there Bob, and I just missed them.. I usually spend time chatting with Ken Ehlers, but did'nt see him.. can't think of who else bobber may be referring to

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 11:21:03 AM »
Crowder?

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
Capt Fred is a very nice guy.

Might just pass on the show and wait for the saltwater one. Then again, just might take a ride to get out.

Thanks for the report.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »
I was able to make it to the show last night as well!  I didn't realize anyone else was going, so sorry I missed you guys.  I had to get out of the house with the kids.  With the snow, they have been cooped up for the last few days and were driving me crazy!  I was having some cabin fever too, so this was a great way to get them out and look at some fishing stuff at the same time!  The show was not crowded at all...which was fine with me.

I wasn't really looking to buy anything, so for me, the show was great.  I got to check out some stuff and window shop.  Talked with a lot of the vendors, my boys took pics with almost every taxidermed animal in the place ::).  While browsing down the first aisle, I happened to stop by Stony Brook Outfitters from Maine.  Not remembering their name, I see Mate Matt's 8x10 photo on the front display of his trophy Moose Hunt earlier in the year.  That was neat and a great photo of him and his hunt ;D!  I was also able to scope out some vacation spots where the kids can play and I can do some sweet water fishing ;).

My boys had a great time and my oldest and my wife got to hold and take a picture with an owl from Talons.  He thought that was the greatest thing in the world, holding and petting the tiniest owl there...a screech owl.  Talons is an educational program that travels to schools and events educating on the birds.  She had a massive European Eagle Owl that was just awesome to look at!  It was a good time and I am glad we decided to venture up there.

Here's a pic of the one owl!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-