Author Topic: A time to be American  (Read 5695 times)

Offline A Concerned Sportsman

A time to be American
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:37:25 PM »
I am a guy that grew up in a household w nothing but American vehicles in my garage, mostly GM cars to be specific.  I was taught as a kid that driving foreign vehicles were not even an option. Watching these last 4 months in the Automotive sector has made my stomach turn.  I shed a tear the minute I heard John Rich sing that awesome song that captivated my heart. He really brought his life and deepest feelings into that song “Shutting Detroit Down”.

About 4 years ago I bought a foreign car, and it just never felt right. I made that mistake one time and took our American automotive heritage for granted. I repeat, 1 time. The best part about making a mistake is learning from it. It doesn’t matter if its hunting season, fishing season, or just heading to work, I drive American. In today’s climate, I can only imagine the discomfort and embarrassment in someone that loves this country and its heritage must feel when they pull up at a traffic light, or go to park and they are driving a foreign car.  That is one type of shame that I will NEVER FEEL again, I drive American!

Nobody can build trucks like the Big 3. Personally, I roll around in a Silverado and my wife drives a Tahoe, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Whether you are driving a Ford, Dodge, or a Chevy you should be proud to be driving American.  I like feeling good about the truck I drive, and I like knowing that no matter if its 20 degrees and snowing, pouring rain, or a bright sunny day, my American truck gets me where I want to go every time.

The last thing we can afford is anymore long term damage to our economy.  A healthier Auto industry equates to a healthier country. A healthier country is a safer country, a happier country, and a stronger country. It is okay to make mistakes from time to time, heck I owned one of those “other” vehicles like I admitted, however admitting your mistake and accepting it is the start to a better day! Outdoorsmen, non outdoorsmen, it is time to be patriots of this great country, it is time to be American baby!

- A Concerned Sportsman

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: A time to be American
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:42:50 PM »
 t^  slt

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »
Americian in my Garage too. But I do have a Yamaha outboard on my Americian boat. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline sea nymph

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
"The last thing we can afford is anymore long term damage to our economy.  A healthier Auto industry equates to a healthier country"

How does the UAW feel about that???

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »
 chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz chrz
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
There ya go UAW heard from... t^

I believe in buying American when ever I can, especially cars.  I have a 2000 Expedition that will be turning 100,000 miles this year (4,000 miles to go) and still running great.  I bought my wife a 2008 Taurus and my daughter a 2008 Escape this past year.  I am trying toi instill a sense of pride with my daughter as she is aware that our family only buys American cars.  I can remember driving in my dads 1951 Ford and as I look back we have owned 7 Fords collectively.

I wish that people would think this way.  It is not to late and by turning our way of thinking around even by 10% the car manufacturers would be on the road to a recovery that will help this country back from the pits.

Sorry for the rambling but I am passionate about our United States of America and I will support her any way I can.

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline sea nymph

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
I own a Ford, Honda and a Toyota!  I work hard for my American dollar and I will purchase whatever product is best for the safety and well-being of my family!

I own a business that purchases and sells 100% American products.  I employ American workers and pay plenty of American Taxes.

For someone to say you're Un-American because you own a foreign vehicle is ridiculous.  Why should I use my hard earned money and pay more for a product from a Company that is held hostage by certain organizations?

Entitlement is Un-American!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:03:18 AM »
I will purchase whatever product is best for the safety and well-being of my family!

The American car company took over the best safety class.  Just a little FYI
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »
96,000 on my 2002 Silverado (Cold Start Knock since 29,000 ) and only 39,000 on my 2003 Impala , still going strong. I won't mention how many forigen parts I have come across on my truck, and assume they are on my car as well, but due to the FTA, Americans (and others) are making money, and employing some Americans along the way. I wish it was ALL AMERICIAN, but maybe that can change sometime in the future. <'((((>< 
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »
Think positive.  If a lot of the parts were made in house so to speak the cars would be able to be made for a lot less as the control would now be in the hands of the companies once again.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline cap208

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
Things are going to get much worse. Educate yourself before the next election and take our country back before it gone.

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 07:39:22 PM »
How much of these so called "American" vehicles are really American.  Nobody loves this great land more than me.  I'm a Reagan Revolution guy. But when a GM motor is from Canada or Mexico and something else is from somewhere else.  The folks with the Toyota and Honda were assembled in the USA just like the GM product.  The parts and such were from elsewhere. 

Let's be honest here.  General Motors is done.  Its over.  However, Chevrolet needs to survive.  Chevrolet should be spun off as a seperate company and the rest should go to bed and never wake up.  Chevrolet is America.  Chevrolet was the vehicle of choice of the Seven Time Winston Cup Chapmpion, Dale Earnhardt.  And of me.  Chrysler needs to go.  But Jeep needs to survive.  Jeep is America.  Ford will survive and yes, Ford is America.  All in name only.  Look at your parts.  The vehicle is assembled in America.  Just like the Hyndai, Toyota and Honda.  But all vehicles are not truly American.  Americans are putting them together.  But its not all American like it used to be.  Again, its American in name only. 

Bring the jobs and the parts back to America and make true American cars and trucks.  Until we do so, my vehicle is no different than yours.  And that my friend is the bottom line!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-