Author Topic: Worked on the boat this weekend  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Worked on the boat this weekend
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »
I started off with my weekend with boat chores planned. Saturday I was to replace the bearings,races, and seals on the boat trailer, then a few other odds & ends on the boat.  Sunday was reserved for the wash & wax. ;D

I chose to replace the bearings on all 4 trailer wheels after I pulled the first one during the week and discovered some pitting on the rollers.

I got to the second wheel when the phone rang. nosmly Had to help a freind.

Later, again as I started on the second wheel, I had to help my wife, which required a trip to Lowes. thud

Then, after removing the seal, bearings and races, still on wheel 2. I discovered there were dinner reservations made with my mother in law.  5hrug

Sunday, I got to work on the boat and finish my bearing job, and other things. Never got to the wash & wax. Broke a grease fitting off into the grease gun , on a damn Sunday. rgmn Will have to get one from Yamaha this week. Still need to wash and wax, and make a new cutting board.
I hope to get her out next weekend. TT^  Sorry no pix of the bearing job, too much to clean your hands to handle the camera every step of the way.  chrz chrz  <'((((><

I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Re: Worked on the boat this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »
FD, you sound like you were a busy guy this weekend; and you did get someting done.
I started out Saturday morning removing the the bungees on the cover and then started to remove the cover ...well it ended there. Got a call from a friend who needed help doing something(that shot Saturday)then wifey told me we had to meet people for dinner(cancelled on them once before) then Sunday we had 12 friends over for Brunch and they stayed ALL DAY. They left smiling and I'm way behind on my plans... chrz chrz

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
Good start Darren. Still time left to finish up before the season really sets in.  t^

Always tuff fitting these things in AJ. So many things going on in what seems all at the same time.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:41:19 PM »
had good intentions to work on boat on the weekend but ended up partying with friends.today my son helped me out by swapping out batteries with new ones,mechanically set to go but still working on some sanding and painting to do.should be comletely done in the next week or two,need warmer temperatures to apply paint. t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
way to get started.  I did the wash, wax, start engine, change plugs this past weekend.

Next weekend, painting of bottom and I am set to get.  Have to pick up a new fire extinguisher on the way down, and I am set.  I just hope that mother nature helps me with the small window of opportunity that I have to paint the bottom of the boat or i will have to wait for another weekend.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
I was outside working on the boat Sunday minding my own business when out came the wife. The next thing I know I am raking leaves. What’s up with that?
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »
I was outside working on the boat Sunday minding my own business when out came the wife. The next thing I know I am raking leaves. What’s up with that?
remember once your married and get in a discussion with the wife always get in the last two words  " yes dear" ;D
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
I know.I'm about ready to disregard the "Honey Do" list till December 09. Any day now...

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »
Kez,
You are right, but I do reserve the right to say this is the way it’s going to be and THAT IT!!!

Once a year

AJ you are a brave man

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »
I know.I'm about ready to disregard the "Honey Do" list till December 09. Any day now...
I'm ready to change the "Honey Do" to "Honey Do You Want To Go Fishing"?   TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »
I'm ready to change the "Honey Do" to "Honey Do You Want To Go Fishing"?   TT^  <'((((><

t^

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »
DieselHP, I'm either Brave or Stupid ! Either way I'll pay the price..    rofla rofla.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-