Author Topic: Fri May 8th Report !  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
Fri May 8th Report !
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:33:15 AM »
Met Lee (aka the kup) & retired Joe at Keyport Marine Basin at noon.

I bought a Bushel of Clams.

The only thing on Retired Joe's mine he wanted to catch Bluefish so Joe purchased 2 Bunker & a few Bluefish hooks with Wire Leaders.

Joe was rigged up but I turned to Joe & said cut that rig off   nosmly

I rigged Joe up the right way   ;)

Dock lines off.

My cell phone rings and it's Capt Lou Grazioso.Lou had just returned from his am trip & he said Art we crushed them.Lou pointed me in the right direction but I wanted to stop at another spot before the tide change.We set up on the 1st spot and we still had tide.Baited up our rods & within minutes we were into Bass.I had my limit in no time & Lee was also catching using Clams.The 1st keeper that I boxed Joe laughs and says I catch bigger Largemouth Bass.I laughed at Joe & said did you get any bites on the Bunker.Joe says no.I said keep using Bunker  ;D Lee & myself will keep using clams.

Now remember Joe wanted to catch Bluefish so he insisted on using Bunker.

Lee casts out a clam & he landed a Bluefish.

I said Joe you want to catch a Bluefish use a clam  Joe baits up with a clam and still catches nothing.

The bite slowed down so we all decided to hit another spot & we picked some Bass.The area we fished was a bit on the rough side so we decided it was best to move West.Lee took us to another spot but nothing was going on.I said Lee lets go to the realiable green can in the Back bay and see if we can catch.Lee drops the anchor & we all bait up.Now remember Joe is now using Clams because he wants Bluefish  I turned to my left and Joe's spinning reel is screaming.Joe finally landed a Bass.Joe baited up again & in no time he was hooked up but this time it was a Bluefish & the fish cut his line. 3 keepers and 1 Bluefish were kept & the rest of the Bass were released.

A great afternoon it was.

Lee & Joe it was a pleasure fishing with both of you yesterday.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Fri May 8th Report !
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:22:28 AM »
 chrz
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fri May 8th Report !
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »
nice trip Art!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-