Author Topic: Mud Hole  (Read 1389 times)

Offline PHIL

Mud Hole
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »
Is it true. The Mud Hole is under 10 miles offshore from Sandy Hook beach. I want fish there badly. But, my boat is a 20ft. C.C. and as some of you would make this trip in this size boat, I'm not experienced enough yet. So, if I trailer my boat further north, as I usually go out of Manasquan, is the Mud Hole closer? Thanks. grtn chrz 5hrug

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: Mud Hole
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »
 i would say yes, the mud hole starts less then 10 miles off the beach, but to hit the wrecks of the mud hole, and the deeper water, will be more. how much more im not sure, would have to check over the charts, which i dont have handy right now.

going out of the manasquan, i think the oil wreck was like 15 miles or so, which sits in some pretty deep water.

best advice, get some local charts, and also one for off shore, which will give you plenty of stuff with in your reach,, with nice weather of course.

i have a 21' WA and was quite suprised when i reached the mud hole to find 7-8' rollers when 3's was called for. didnt have any problems with the roughness, but didnt stick around long either
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline PHIL

Re: Mud Hole
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »
Cool. Thanx for the info. slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-