Author Topic: Sunday Cruise in Bad weather !!!!  (Read 1807 times)

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Sunday Cruise in Bad weather !!!!
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »
Thanks again to NOAA that informed  every body of the pending doom, nobody was out on the water today.  nosmly  nts I know its better to error on the safe side but these guys STINK !!

Took the bride and another couple for a beautiful cruise down the Rivers. The seas were at least 8" high.Flat as a lake.

Maybe they(NOAA) should take some more education courses so they could get it right 50% of the time...One should always be careful for sure.Im not smug,just shocked at their inaccurate percentage for too long
Enjoy and Stay well. t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sunday Cruise in Bad weather !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
You made it back.We were worried.Those 8" rollers can really do a number on navigating.I missed a lot of fishing this summer over bad forecast's.I know first hand what  your saying.If we all could be that wrong at work. 5hrug

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »
Nice to get out.

I have missed a lot of outdoor time this summer because of the forecasts as well.  I have also gotten stuck in torrential downpours 6 miles into a bike ride with the family on a night where Sunny skies and 0% precipitation was in the forecast.  How does that happen 5hrug ????  Wasn't a passing shower either.  6 miles back in the rain... hhppy!  Glad I can laugh now.

TT^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
8"  cfzd Glad you made it back to port.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:44:12 PM »
Well, as we all realize, we must follow the rule of safety first and use our knowledge and experience to guide our decision.The weather can turn in a short minute for better or worse.
Everyone enjoy and Stay well. t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-