Author Topic: Non Skid Deck Surface  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Non Skid Deck Surface
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
The molded in non skid deck surface on my fiberglass deck is starting to get worn down. I will be resurfacing the deck during spring 2010 pre season prep. I have been researching deck coatings, received some samples, even had West Marine open up a can this morning (Everyone else has paint chip samlpes  5hrug ) Which leads to the question. Has anyone here used, or have applied on their deck,  any of the deck products such as Durabak (which contain ground up recycled tire rubber), Sani-Tred, Interlux Interdeck, etc? If so, do you like the results. how long did it last before it needed to be recoated , etc? <'((((>< 
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Non Skid Deck Surface
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:38:56 AM »
Good subject!! I was thinking of doing the same. Also would like feedback from anyone who has done it!

grtn

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:51:45 PM »
When I did Gel repairs at the Grady dealer, we matched factory non-skid with spraying gelcoat extra thick and using a special technique by triggering the gun. We never applied a complete new non-skid surface so I can't help ya with that one.Capt.Matt

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. Maritime Matt, thanks, but I do not have that kind of equipment or experience with those guns, this will be the "Backyard" or "Redneck" type of job.

Frankeu, I will be doing some more research on this subject, and will be doing the project early 2010. There are a few more products that I need to touch base with the manufacturers  for samples, application techniques, etc. Some of my main concerns is how it will be on bare feet over the course of a day fishing, resistance to stains from fish blood,bait,fuel/oil,how easy it cleans up, etc. I will keep you posted, and this might be a good subject for another "how to" tech post. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »
Subject has my interest too. Thinking of resurfacing the deck which would envolve removing all the deck plates and hatch covers and recalking everything.
Let us know whats up and I'll check things out at some local marina stores too.

Any spare time we do have(if work and health allow) should be spent BASS fishing NOW. chrz chrz

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 04:06:19 AM »
 I don't think I need to add more non skid material. Its not warn. I would like a color thats hides dirt and easy to clean. Any info I find I will pass on.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »
Check this product out. They will send a sample if you ask.

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-