Author Topic: LBI Fishing Tips  (Read 1749 times)

Offline tomc76

LBI Fishing Tips
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:13:06 AM »
I'll be on LBI, next week, specifically Brant Beach. I've fished the beach and a few party boats in the past. I've stocked up my tackle box and cleaned up my reels, I'm ready to go. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm also looking get out one day to bottom fish, because the Flukin' has not been so hot from what I'm hearing. Will the Miss Beach Haven still be bottom fishing then? Any reports lately. Thanks in advance  TT^
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 05:51:42 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Capt. Ed

Re: LBI Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »
Hi Tomc76,

I know the fishing has been just ok down there. The Doris Mae fished for Fluke in 25-35 ft. of water just off the entrance to Island Beach State Park. That is not normal.

I know the Fluke fishing is real slow down that way as we put some time in down that way.

I would call the boats, or at least ask as you get there, if they are bottom fishing. Sea Bass fishing is working all over Monmouth and Ocean County reefs. I cannot speak for others south.

I am sure other folks will help out with this.

Thanks,

Capt. Ed

Offline tomc76

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:36:37 AM »
I always check in at the Fishermen's Den when I get there, I'm also thinking of wetting a line by the lighthouse one day. My best bet will be to call the boats the day before I plan on going.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:05:16 AM »
Say hi to the folks at Fisherman's Den.

They have always done right by me!

Capt. Ed

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:10:11 AM »
Hi tomc76,

I can tell you what we are getting at the north jetty just across the inlet, its not much.  The best times are at one hour before to one hour after high and low tides and of course at dusk or dawn.

I caught a striper last sat. at about  1/2 hour after sundown on the out going tide, give it a try lately it seems to work fairly well for me.  Plus it saves on the heat factor during the day.

Happy Catching...

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-