Author Topic: Cod on the Voyager  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Cod on the Voyager
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »
Needed to go fishing so I jumped on the Sunday 30- 40 mile wreck trip on the Voyager.  I did manage two Cod, keepers, but not big ones.  Fishing was generally slow. Usually on these trips you are getting bites from something, could be dog fish, congers, eel, ling, bergals, seabass or even a cod or two.  That wasn't the case today. Bite was slow.  I would say most everyone (15 fishermen)on board had at least one cod. There no ling, one pollack that i saw, no congers, no silvers eels, very few dog fish. Slow day, not much else to say. The Voyager does run a top notch operation and John the mate works his arse off.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Cod on the Voyager
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:51:12 AM »
Nice way to spend a Sunday in March.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »
caught fish t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Cappyjoe08527

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »
Just nice to get out this time of year. I will have the boat in this Thursday so I will take the kids out floundering and maybe look around for a spring striper.. clp
Ya gotta hook em' to cook em':)

E Z LIVIN'

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »
Definitely nice to get out!

clp

Offline samksy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
Needed to go fishing so I jumped on the Sunday 30- 40 mile wreck trip on the Voyager.  I did manage two Cod, keepers, but not big ones.  Fishing was generally slow. Usually on these trips you are getting bites from something, could be dog fish, congers, eel, ling, bergals, seabass or even a cod or two.  That wasn't the case today. Bite was slow.  I would say most everyone (15 fishermen)on board had at least one cod. There no ling, one pollack that i saw, no congers, no silvers eels, very few dog fish. Slow day, not much else to say. The Voyager does run a top notch operation and John the mate works his arse off.

I was on the boat too but i got skunk....lol.  I was just the only unlucky one i guess and w/o experience so i don't blame anyone or anything.  My friend got two. so i was glad, cuz every time i ask him to go on a boat, he don't end up with any fish. lol!!!!

Well, i did see someone on the bow of the boat on the left side got a conger eel and someone got a big pollack on the bow of the boat on the right side.  The sea wasn't too rough in the morning, pretty nice ride outside....it was a great day until later in the day the sea got rough. 

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the report, the Voyager is a great party boat. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
Good report, good to see you got some cod.  I don't know what happen to the ling this year, bad year for them.
Mark

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-