Author Topic: New Member looking for advice  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Diallie

New Member looking for advice
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
I am a new member.  I am a 53 year old female who fished with her father years ago.  I am now going through my "bucket" list and really want to go fishing again.  Bay fishing in Avalon would be a great start, but I don't know what to buy, or where to go.  I'd like to find a guide for a couple of fishing lessons.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: New Member looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:36:23 PM »
We have a few members in that area that can lead you in the right direction. Stick around and someone will chime in soon. t^
  A party boat or private charter with some friends might be a good start.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
 whs

I think your best bet is to either Charter a Boat or look for an Open Boat Charter.  They will have all of the tackle, bait and rods needed to fish.  That way you will get an idea of how they are fishing and can go from there.  You will learn a lot when going out.

Good Luck!

TT^

Offline Diallie

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:02:28 PM »
I will look for some charters and start at that point. My fisherman brother from Florida is putting together a "fishing starter package" for me and shipping it.  I can't wait now!!!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
First, welcome to the site. We do have people who fish that area. Hopefully they will chime in.

You may want to stop by some of the local Bait & Tackle shops and talk to the peeps there. They usually give good advise on where to fish and would be in the know of the charter/party boats to go with.

Good luck in your quest and don't forget to take pics of your catch. Looking forward to some good reports.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline blackadder

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
Hello,

I am speaking of my own experiencing I would check out the Fish N Fun or the Duke of Fluke Pontoon boats they sail the back bay behind Margate, the trip is 4 hours it is a lighter atmosphere than diehards on the big party boats and the mates will help you with any questions. If you want to go on your own charter I used the Jersey Cape Guide Service out of Sea Isle and they were top notch.

Regards,

Chris

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-