Author Topic: Chesapeake Bay Fishing  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Chesapeake Bay Fishing
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »
Anglers:

Sorry for the late reports. These late afternoon ~ evening fishing charters don't give me much time to write. Yeah, Yeah I know no excuse!!

So here it goes, we have dropped the hammer on the Spring Striped Bass population this spring. The legless B@ss!ards gave us the slip over the winter as they hid WAY WAY WAY out past the 3mile line. But as soon as the “Spring Trophy” season opened back up we were hiding & waiting on them. They all fall to our version of the wind cheater. (Look for it in our upcoming store in July) And some really nice fish were landed by our anglers. I have attached a few pics for everyone to enjoy!

Now as they move up the Chesapeake Bay to do their thing we are moving on to our wonderful summer fishery. The “Big Flounder” have arrived and attached is a pic of a “Stud” flatty. I really like to use “Fresh” Blue Fish bellies so on Thursday morning I set out for bait. In the process of trolling up the beach, I found several nice schools and loaded the box. That was enough to get us threw the weekends charters. Also kept a few to meet the “Grease” on the dock. Yes I like fresh Taylor blues so I don’t want to hear any complaining from the peanut gallery!

As we are fishing for Flounder I see one of the anglers locked up on a good fish. The fish is taking drag and I’m wondering this doesn’t feel like a flatty, my mates yells up “Skipper” small cobia! But it just doesn’t act like one and the water is still a little on the cold side. The angler does a great job on the fish and low and behold it’s a Striper on a flounder rig! cfzd Bowed up trying to get a meal anywhere he can. 27 ½ fish getting a free boat ride back to the dock. On Course Flounder Rigs are 100%. TT^

As the water warms even more, the fishing is only getting better. So effective immediately I will “Open” the books for the much anticipated “Cobia ~ Spanish Mackerel" Trips. 1st off we troll for the Spaniards and once we fill the box and the tide changes we go on the hunt for the “Man in the Brown Suite”. This is also a “Great Family” trip as well with plenty of action all day. Another popular trip is our Full & ½ Day “Spade Fish” Trips these are great for all anglers as the Spade are great table fare and provide a plenty of pullage! Call me or email for your next fishing adventure!

See you on the water!!

Capt. Scott slt

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:50:22 AM »
nice....

sometimes if I have one too many "Spaten Optimators" it feels like someone hit me with a spade, but I never heard of the fish. What's it "related" to?

Offline Big Country 08

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »
A Spade fish looks like an Angelfish on steriods and fights like it has been taking performance enhancing drugs.  Surely miss Spadefishing since I got transfered up north.

Country

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
nice job capt scott hopefully this nice weather keeps up yesterdays fishing in the weather wasnt the best little shower scared the fish away  fcp
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:57 PM »
nice pix and report TT^

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Below is a little info on the Spade Fish.

Big Country nailed it 100%. They are great light tackle action, fight like crazy and are "AWESOME" table fare.

Attached are some pics!!

Thanks,Capt. Scott

Spadefish: Silvery with 4-6 black vertical bands on each side which sometimes become obscure in larger fish; deep, flattened body. INSHORE and NEARSHORE, around natural and artificial reefs, and navigations markers in 15-20 feet of water. Size: most catches less than 2 lbs, known to reach 15 lbs. Spawns in spring and summer. Feeds on crustaceans, small encrusting vertebrates, and may feed on tentacles of jelly fish. Travels in large schools, small juveniles almost totally black, known to drift on their side and mimic floating debris.

Offline Big Country 08

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »
On Course,
Stop brother, you are making me miss the south!!

Country

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-