Author Topic: ESPN to end outdoor programming  (Read 2401 times)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
ESPN to end outdoor programming
« on: May 29, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: ESPN to end outdoor programming
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
 nosmly rgmn rgmn

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »
What do they think everyones going to watch Girls Softball now ? I hope they lose money. That is absurd. I actually woke up this morning, had a cup of coffee and watched Beat Charlie Moore. Unbelievable. Now I have to go back to watching Bill Dance..... rgmn
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:58:25 AM »
Well, in response to Fishon42, if you can wade through all the sales pitches, you'll learn a lot more about fishing from Bill Dance than you ever will from that other loudmouth.  ;)

There was a time when I really looked forward to watching (taping) the Saturday morning shows on ESPN.  My favorite was "The Fishin' Hole" with Jerry McKinnis.  He always made you feel like you were right there fishing with him. t^

There's probably a good chance that many of the shows airing now, like World of Saltwater Fishing", "Spanish Fly", etc. will find new homes on other cable networks. 

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »
I've been hooked on WFN for my fishing shows anyway now.  What I really wish is they had a dedicated channel to boats, kind of like Automotive.tv or the Speed channel.  I would be on that 80% of the time with the other 19% on WFN and the 1% on Deadliest Catch hahaha.
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:05:11 PM »
There's probably a good chance that many of the shows airing now, like World of Saltwater Fishing", "Spanish Fly", etc. will find new homes on other cable networks. 

HOPE SO!!!

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »

There was a time when I really looked forward to watching (taping) the Saturday morning shows on ESPN.  My favorite was "The Fishin' Hole" with Jerry McKinnis.  He always made you feel like you were right there fishing with him. t^

Jerry Mccinnis was my favorite too.

He never used his show to pitch products and his philosophy of light tacke, keeping it simple and having fun is my approach to fishing also.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-