Author Topic: Tiderunners  (Read 822 times)

Offline captainbailey

Tiderunners
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
Has anyone heard of any weakfish reports at all this year, I haven't heard one. Wonder what this could mean for this summers fishery?
Z

Offline SharkHart

Re: Tiderunners
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
i have targeted them big time for the last 12 years from late april to May, the usualy go time, usually get a couple with the last few years getting harder and harder and this year the fishery has completly collapsed , I fish with a few others who target them hard and only know of one fish caught, some traditional hot spots are suddenly bass spots, started with rats then they kept getting more bass and bigger bass over the last few seasons.  The patterns have completely changed.  Last season we had a few not many 4-8lbers so would have thought there would be some.  The small one or less lb blues came into the back bay about 4 weeks late too, could be somehow related, tiderunners used to come in like clockwork 3-4 days before back bay blues.  Things could be bad for a while with no relief from netters

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Tiderunners
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
I agree with SharkHart.  I use to target them behind IBSP where the flats are but this year there was a beach in the artificial barrier and a lot of sand shifted back there and a new small channel opened up to the back parts of the sedge islands.  It should be interesting back there this year with the kayak.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-