Author Topic: 6/3... Holy fog Batman!!  (Read 907 times)

Offline Pool Winner!!

6/3... Holy fog Batman!!
« on: June 03, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »
Well, its been too long since i felt a fish...(12 days).. so this morning i met my dad and uncle and left dock in Barnegat Bay @ 6... traveled about 1/2 mile and the fog was just too dense..

hung out for 30mins and then gave it another shot... slowly made our way to the canal..unreal...

cocktail blues boiling at north end of canal so we worked that till we could see the 35 bridge..

finally made it out to the inlet around 9 ish and the fog was still too thick to even try...so we just fluked across the channel for a couple hours... picked a few... 3 keepers and 12 or so 17.5".. and a couple babies..

just amazing that the fog would just hang right at the mouth of the inlet...

Crappy start turned out to be pretty decent..

bucktail jig with spearing and a teaser , rapidly jigging was the key..

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 6/3... Holy fog Batman!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »
You did make the best of a poor visibility situation. Nice catch for early in the season.  t^

A boat going into Shark River last night wasn't as lucky...Went up on the rocks...still there today.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: 6/3... Holy fog Batman!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:27:43 PM »
Fog sucks, but glad it worked out and you got some action and a few keepers in the box.

A boat on the rocks, well that sucks even worse then fog. I hope everyone was OK.  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-