Author Topic: Owasco Lake NY  (Read 3821 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Owasco Lake NY
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
  Will be going up to Owasco Lake in Upstate NY to my uncles lake house, RIGHT ON the lake. Not sure where I think northern end, he's near the town of Scipio. I will be mainly shore fishing during day and night. Grilling some fish, along with burgers, etc. May rent a pontoon boat or something at a south shore marina.

I've never fished THIS particular lake in NY, anyone who has or know someone who has... please fill me in, on what would be best to target off the shore and what bait...

Largemouths and Pike during day, and Walleys at night ?

Rubber worms, rapalas, maybe some live bait?

5hrug

t^
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Re: Owasco Lake NY
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »
I have'nt fished Owasco, but I have fished the Finger Lake right next to it.. Cayuga.. and a few others.. Pretty much all the fingers have good Bass  fishing, and Owasco is one of the better smallmouth lakes.. plus all the other fish on your list , and trout as well..  Surely bring plastic worms.. especially Senkos.. some crankbaits, tubes and grubs for bass.. Spinnerbaits will work on Bass and Pike.. May want to pick up some nite crawlers  for the Wally's... There's a Bass Pro Shops store in Auburn which is at the north end of the lake.. so they should be able to hook ya up   TT^  If you plan on taking the NYS Thruway, and have a pickup or way to carry it, I have a 14' V-hull, oars, and an electric motor this sits around collecting dust  once i start fishing the salt.. you are welcome to swing by on your way up and borrow it  t^  chrz

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:03 PM »
 w0w  Nice offer TB!  Good luck on your trip Fishon! t^

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
Dam TreeB, I greatly appreciate that offer! I'm afraid I would not be able to pull that off this trip, as I will be with my GF, my sister and her BF. I'm going to have to split time up there with fishing and doing things they want to do. If I borrowed your boat, they wouldn't see me 80% of the time. :). I will be stopping at the bass pro shop in Auburn to spend a some good money on some new tackle, I will pick up some crankbaits, spinners, and especialy rubber worms. Thank you very much again for that offer. Buck - thank you!
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »
Poppers! t^

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »
Pop on! I wonder if they use shiners up there, I know I do good for the bass with them here. Maybe large rooster tails. And ill bring some jig heads, some bigger ones and tip them with like a 6 inch black worm or live night crawler. Hopefully I do well, I'd like to catch a nice pike, maybe its cheaper to mount it up there. :)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 09:20:26 AM »
Sounds like ya got the right ideas for sure Mark  t^ Shiners are always a good bet.. everything eats em.. just remember NY has some imposed tough rules concerning baitfish in their attempt to stop the spread of certain fish diseases.. so don't bring any in from NJ and make sure you save your receipt  so you can prove they where purchased from a certified dealer.. Have fun!  ..and the offer to use the boat stands, if ever you are up in the neighborhood and have need.  chrz

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:58:05 AM »
TreeB,

Thanks again. Looks like I wont be going up end of June, it may be 2nd week of July now.  rgmn rgmn

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-