Author Topic: Fishguts Charters 7/25 7/26 Seabass /blackfish  (Read 957 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Charters 7/25 7/26 Seabass /blackfish
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
On 7/25 it was the Curtis group back out to the seabass grounds. One guy had car trouble so it was just 2 anglers and myself. They enjoyed a  nice pick of quality fish in the morning until the wind died out and the heat came on. A nice easy ride to another area provided a nice brake from the heat and some super fast seabass action. They boxed their limit of seabass to 2.75lbs and one 3 lb tog by 1pm and we were back at the dock eating lunch when the big storm hit ;D. Today it was an open boat trip with Chef George,Ed, and Wilson. I was not sure of what the ocean was going to look like with north north west wind and the goal was not to beat the charter up and catch a few fish. A short stop in the bay to grab blackfish bait also produced a very large mystery bite on very light tackle. I did see a shark cruising a near by flat but I think Ed hooked into a nice size sourthen sting ray.After a half hour and chasing the fish for close to a mile Ed had enough fun and popped it off. When we hit the inlet we were greeted with slop and building slop. A long run was out of the question so I asked the group if they were up for some porgies and tog why we waited for the wind to drop out.  A nice easy ride to a near shore piece produce good action with jumbo porgies to 14", a dozen keeper seabass, a keeper tog and tons of shorts.  With the seas subsiding it was time to play with some bigger blackies. No slobs today but a very good bite with smaller models and enough 15" fish to keep you on your toes.With a boat limit of tog and lots of releases it was time to look for some more seabass. No great bite or great avg size on the seabass today. The 3 anglers fished hard for a couple hours and boxed a few dozen. Todays boat total for keepers was 45 seabass,4 tog,and 8 porgies.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fishguts Charters 7/25 7/26 Seabass /blackfish
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:22:41 PM »
 clp ;D t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-