Author Topic: Fishguts 8/11 Ocean/bay combo trip  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 8/11 Ocean/bay combo trip
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »
 Today I had the pleasure of having boat regular Ed and his lovely wife Cheryl out for a combo trip. Since Ed had done a few trips with Monger and myself already this season his freezer was full so this trip was just about catching and having fun. The 2 anglers enjoyed flat seas and a great bite on the first drop. First 3 fish were jumbo 13" porys followed by some real nice seabass. Ed nailed a nice 21" fish that weighed in at 3.5 lbs for top seabass of the morning. A move to some deeper water provided a pick as the wind came up. With 20 seabass on ice it was time to hit the toggies. The anglers had such a good tog bite we stayed on it until  the bait ran low. Cheryl was hot releasing 12 15" plus fish herself and Ed kept pace. We boxed 3 17" males for some great eating.******* note to the guy that circled me 10 times and drifted 10 feet off my port, catching fish if very fun you should try it some time...plenty of fine charter boats to jump on ;D****** A run in to bay produced a slower pick until we located a very good bite on the edge of a bar. Had fish follow the baits all way the to the surface for some great action. Plenty of weenies but no keeper fluke.People that started as clients I now call friends. A great day spent with friends.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts 8/11 Ocean/bay combo trip
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
Good job Capt. Nice variety of fish.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
 whs t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
Nice mix. t^

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
nice  TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-