Author Topic: Seabass today9/24  (Read 1715 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Seabass today9/24
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »
out of Sayreville this morning with friend Ken with his wife and some neighbors on his boat,headed straight to an offshore wreck that produced well for him last week,a little foggy running early this morning offshore.never able to get a hot bite here,probably fished out,tried to pick up and move but he was unable to break the anchor free after many unsuccessful tries,ended up having to cut it free,an expensive loss.moved north a few miles to another spot where other boats were fishing.now we are limited in our actions not able to anchor up.Ken did an excellent job drifting us over the bite or holding us there under power,ended the day with 25 keeper cbs with a few porgies mixed in,headed for home around one as he has to work later this afternoon.beautiful day and great being out on the water.  slt    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Capt. Don Sr

Re: Seabass today9/24
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »
Good catch of c-bass  t^ welcome to the club on lost anchors,I learned to carry a spare,and extra anchor line.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
Nice day on the water Kez.  t^

Many anchors have been given up to the sea gods. I even managed to get a wreck anchor hung up and had to cut it free.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »
Nice reward for forfieting the anchor.  Haven't been down that path yet but I"m sure my days are numbered.   Great job on the tasty ones t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:17:54 PM »
 t^

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »
nice day  TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-