Author Topic: Reel Class Friday Bass Limits + Bluefish & Tog!  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Reel Class Friday Bass Limits + Bluefish & Tog!
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Had the Steve Hamby charter on the boat. The crew consisted of Steve, his brother Bob, and his buddies Gus, Roger, and Ray.

Ran south, lots of bunker in close off Bay Head/Mantoloking with about 75 boats zipping through them like it was Mid-May  We then ran offshore, saw some bluefin porpoising on sandeels, then started to run south where they got them yesterday. On the way more bluefins were spotted, well within the 3 mile line, crashing and blowing up on sandeels - great site!

Got down and fished the stretch from the piers to IBSP and had a good amount of bird life with some excellent readings. Had fish on right away, mostly blues to start, but got the bass going after a little bit. Most of the bass were keepers, and the were just a tad under 28".

Mid-Morning, Steve nailed a beautiful 43" that was around 25#. By noontime the 5 man charter had boxed up their limit of 10 stripers, as well as a boat load of blues. Running north to do some toggin', a load of birds were spotted and this time, the guys got covered up with some real gator blues to almost 15# - at times there were 4-5 fish on.

Finished the up the day doing some toggin' on a rockpile - the bite was very slow but we managed about a half dozen to 6#.

All in all an excellent day - the crew boated around 20 stripers, keeping the 5 man limit of 10, and around 75 bluefish as well as the tog. Also, several spiny dogfish were boated. These guys are a great crew and its always a blast having them on the boat!!

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: Reel Class Friday Bass Limits + Bluefish & Tog!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »
Nice report and catching!  That 43" looks like it was on a diet!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:42:37 AM »
Way to find the fish Capt. Allen t^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »
Nice job Capt!
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:55:50 PM »
Nice report and catching!  That 43" looks like it was on a diet!

Jason, that pic is deceiving.  Steve is 6'4" and was holding that fish at a weird angle.  Yes it was a bit skinny but that particular fish was loaded with sandeels - must've had good metabolism!! 

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-