Author Topic: NETKEEPER - 11/25 Annual Turkey Day Tog and Stripers  (Read 1060 times)

Offline NetKeeper Fishing

NETKEEPER - 11/25 Annual Turkey Day Tog and Stripers
« on: November 26, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »
The Turkey Day tog and Striper trip on the NETKEEPER is turning into a tradition now. Joe (torchee) on his 3rd year joined by buddy Tim (a first timer who starts off catching 2 keepers) and Mike (fispro28) and Russ (RussH) and my mate Dom now on their second.

Left the dock around 5:30am and headed South bypassing the Striper Grounds as it was still too dark. Just prior to setting up on our first drop in 50ft we were greeted by one of the most awesome sunrises I personally have ever witnessed. This first drop yielded mainly shorts and a few keepers. Moved inshore to 30ft which yielded some nicer keepers and more shorts. Headed back North and made a drop in 70ft of water which had some life and we added more keepers, shorts and a half dozen ling to the tally.

On the way in saw birds with some schoolies rolling on top by the False Hook, could not keep up with them. Russ managed to land and release one.

Never had a sustained chew anywhere, scratchy bite and the guys had to work hard for them today. Ended the day with 6 ling and 17 keeper Tog releasing between two and three dozen shorts.

Keep an eye out in the Open Boat Forum for Evening and Day Open Boat trips. If you want to be added to our short notice mailing list, please email me captalan@netkeeperfishing.com with your contact information

Offline bossross

Re: NETKEEPER - 11/25 Annual Turkey Day Tog and Stripers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Awesome pictures.

What a great tradition you guys have going....

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »
..Cool t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
Very Nice    TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-