Author Topic: NJSWF Rigging Seminar/Demo Day Jan-22  (Read 24042 times)

Offline Brewdaddy

• First Blue on the Irish Ayes !!
Re: NJSWF Rigging Seminar/Demo Day Jan-22
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »
Had a great time!! Learned alot and hope the nick name won't stick!!   fcp Chuck was very open and willing to answer the questions from this FNG!!!  Thanks for putting this together Joe and thanks for lunch Rod!!   TT^
One more beer might get them to bite!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »
Can you say...Run Forest, run!!!  TT^ rofla rofla

You were a good sport about it.  t^  chrz
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:49 PM »
It sounds and looks like all that made it had a great time, sorry I had to miss it but friends called the last minute and they needed help.  I, like Bobby, would like to have another shot at this some where down the line.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »
 clp  Looked like a good time, Nice video clip of the Ausie loop knot. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »
Wow, yesterday over at Tournament Cable was nothing short of fantastic. Chuck Richardson welcomed us into his manufacturing facility like we had been friends for twenty years. He not only demonstrated various methods of rigging of ballyhoo including multi,off set, weedless, and circle hooks, He taught us how to make the rigs, including the "Tuna Trap", for hiding a wire leader inside a chunk.

Chuck gave us hands on opportunity for everything ,from tying the Australian Braid to making stinger hooks, wind on leaders, simple haywire twist methods , and anything else we wanted to try. We were free to walk around and look and touch anything in his shop, and ANY questions we asked were not only awnsered, but actually shown and explained to us in detail.

Lunch was provided courtesy of NJSWF.COM's own Hotrod, including some fine imported brew.

At the end of the day, I felt as if I was taught some "Trade Secrets", and Chuck gave everyone a free copy of his "Beyond The Basic Ballyhoo" DVD ($29.99 retail value), and an invitation to do it again another time , as well offering help and advice at any time via phone, email, or in person if you want to stop in. What a class act.  t^ t^ chrz  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2011, 07:42:15 PM »
 Tournament Cable and Chuck Richardson are both top notch. I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet up with Chuck and some of my fellow fisherman to spend the day refining our sport. Chuck is an encyclopedia of information and has had years of hands on experience to back up his works of art “tackle”. If you were able to make this seminar, you would understand why I chose to say works of art. He is constantly evolving his creations to meet the demands of his fellow fisherman. Not only does Chuck invent or fine tune all of his tackle and accessories but also makes or customizes most of the tools used to manufacture them. Wow what a facility, I was in awe all day long and did not want to leave. I felt like a kid in a candy store. If there is an opportunity to go again, I will be sure to be there to pick up some more knowledge, tips, techniques and a glance at some of the new tackle.

I would like to thank Capt. Joe for setting up this fine day and Hotrod for the pizza and brew. I would also like to thank Tournament Cable and Chuck Richardson for a great day filled with information, hands on experience, and for having a great sense of humor. I can’t think of any other company or individual that would be willing to give us this rare opportunity. Guys that did not make this seminar and guys that did not even sign up for this, sorry to say, but it was a definite missed opportunity that is not readily available. This seminar was not just about offshore tackle; in fact, it was about all tackle from bait fishing to beyond tuna and everything in between. If you guys are not fishing with wind-on leaders with your braid, you are missing out. This was not a sales pitch event. Thanks again to all involved and all that participated. Hope to do it again and have a little better turn out from our community… 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:46:43 PM by Capt. Mike »

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:13 AM »
Nice. Sounds like yoy guys had a great day. t^
WTG
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-