Author Topic: Monger Madness! Mon 5/9 Lots o Ling / Liveline Bass Limit++ to 28lbs  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Had Brian and the Baltimore fishing club charter aboard today. Jmurr Joey, Moe and Fred filled in for Brians guys who were called in to work.

ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER!!!

Started out snagging some bunker local in the am for later before heading to the ling grounds.

Got setup and the ling bite was still going strong... Nice steady bite on nice size ling... picked away and put a nice cooler of tasty critters together pretty quick. Same deal just shift around and get good flurries... Had 105 Ling and a flounder in the box by lunch time. also threw back a bunch of decent size blackfish.

Headed off to try for bass and swim our bunker... headed to the same area it happened yesterday. Got on scene and seen bunker getting busted on and boats hooked up everywhere.
Threw out our bunker and fish were all over them... crashing on every one, mutiple fish chasing your bunker... we missed alot prob had around 25 bites managed to land 10 to 28lbs before our bunker was gone.

What happened next was pretty crazy My buddy Tom (thanks man) who was on scene gave me a buzz i looked to the east about a 1/2 mile there were crashing everywhere.

Got a couple more bunker which were instantly inhaled and Put jigs on everyone else hooked up. They stayed under the boat for 15 min with mutiple hook up the whole time... Think JMurr Joey had 7 or 8 bass on this drift alone and everyone else caught a bunch besided all the one that came off since we were shaking them off in c&r mode anyway!!! What a Way to end the day!!!

The Ride from Baltimore was def worth it for Brian and the boys... The guys got to see some of the fine fishing Nj has to offer. And we even managed to get joey his pout

By days end we caught 105 Ling and a Flounder, Live-lined a Limit Stripers and jigged alot more prob landed 30+ and countless hook ups /runoffs released all the rest for another day!!!

Perfect day on the water... One to remember for a long time!!!

Thanks again guys!!!

Read alot of bass on the way home... time to get out fishing it doesnt get much better... and if lings your thing its a great time to hope on a bottom boat and load up on the tasty critters!!!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Awesome catch!  Great job Jerry! t^

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
 clp clp clp
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:23:15 PM by Kenny »

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
w00t nice  t^

Offline Spearfish

Sounds like a great day.  Wish I was there.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
You guys are awesome  clp
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-