Author Topic: May 14 Report-Reel Fun Sportfishing  (Read 1450 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
May 14 Report-Reel Fun Sportfishing
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:23:56 AM »
Fellow Anglers,

What a great day here at Reel Fun Sportfishing. Had 2 charters today for Striped Bass with a limit catch clp on our morning trip and a limit t^ on our afternoon "Magic Hours" charter.

Many Thanks to the Inphone Laonady party from Philadelphia as they were out Striper fishing for their first time ever and after a little instruction started banging fish within minutes of setting the anchor at one of my steady producing areas. We caught fishing clamming from 28" to 32" with a good steady bite that lasted just about all of the outgoing tide. My special "Thanks" to goes to Mark of that party as he was the point of some real good nature "Trash" talk (Mark: Wait till your coworkers hear about this trip!)

The second of our charters today was the Mike Kelly group from Brookfield, Conn. A birthday gift for his father and attended by Mike's sister Diane and her boyfriend. Set up house at around 4 pm in around the exact same spot as the morning charter and after some really heavy clamming, finally enticed these light biting Stripers to respond. Although it was a very cloudy and cold day at the shore, everyone held up well as we started to put the bass in the box. We fished a total incoming and strong tide that had a cold 54.6 degree water. I warned the guys about Diane because she outfished the guys AND caught our largest Striper of the day at 34" beauty. Way to go girl!

Well there you have it, a very successful Saturday here at Reel Fun Sportfishing with both parties giving me and the crew kudos for a job well done and a promise to return later this year for some more fishing. slt For videos of these charters, please refer to http://www.reelfunsportfishing.com/reports.htm

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:22:33 AM by ReelFun »

Offline seahawk

• Full Member of the Den
Re: May 14 Report-Reel Fun Sportfishing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:48:44 AM »
Your hard work is paying off.Two happy charters sent home with filet's. ;D

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:49:48 AM »
Great Job Capt. John

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
John...i must have run by u and not known it!...call me next time if ya see me!
nice job bro!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Tbone

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »
Great trip on teh Reel Fun.  Nice job Capt John. The clam bite is still strong.   T-Bone

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 07:27:01 AM »
Carl,

My apologies...I did see you out there with my eyeballs on. Now that I looked at your web site and saw your boat did I remember seeing your rig. Next time you're out, call me on 65 and we'll talk on the cell. You have my number. O.K.?

John

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-