Author Topic: Reel Fun Report-5/30/11  (Read 1133 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Report-5/30/11
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
May 30, 2011

Fellow Anglers,

Had the Mikel Carey and his wife Susan out for a combo day of early morning Stripers and if that didn't work out, a switch over of a Fluke trip. It didn't take long to realize after a thunderstorm rolled through, that the Striped Bass fishery in our area was going to be a bust today, so we quickly moved over to Fluke to try to stuff our cooler with some fish.

Fished numerous locations that produced very well for me on Saturday only to find a very slow pick of fish today. Inside, outside it didn't really matter. Dragging bait as well as bucktailing these fish weren't going to respond IF they were down there. I have to think that with the massive amount of boats out on Sunday, that the Sandy Hook area was totally "fished out" and it's time to look for a new body of fish to move in which can occur daily so the M.O. for fishing, which I tell all my customers is PATIENCE! Just because you hire a charter or jump on a party boat, doesn't guarantee fish in the box all the time. Everyone working in this business works very hard looking for fish to earn your loyalty, but some days it's just not meant to be. Remember "that's why they call it fishing and not catching"

My sincere "Thanks" to Mikel and Susan for a really fun day on the water as we put some flatties in the cooler and enjoyed spectacular weather too. We hope you like New Jersey saltwater fishing (their 1st saltwater fishing trip ever )as well as your overnight stay and the dinner. We enjoyed your company....hope to fish with you again.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline Tbone

Re: Reel Fun Report-5/30/11
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
It would be nice to have an 8 pounder on every trip.  Well, almost every trip  :headscra:  Good try Capt.   

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-