Author Topic: 06/05 Magic Hour Fluke Trip  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
06/05 Magic Hour Fluke Trip
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:58:48 AM »
My son & I hopped aboard the Misty Morn yesterday for a later afternoon/early evening fluke trip. Fished the flats mid bay and along the western edges of the Reach Channel.

Jason opted to drag spearing while I started with a 1.5 ounce glow Spro tipped with a 4" GULP New Penny shrimp and rigged a 3/0 octopus hook tipped with a 3" Chartreuse GULP swimming minnow as a teaser.

Jason boxed a 19"+ fish within 2 minutes of the first drift. 10 minutes later I decked a nice 23" #5 flattie that hit the Spro. Not too long after that we each hooked up at the same time--both were bluefish, mine was another #5er and his #4. Again mine taken on the Spro. I had 1 more fish on the Spro before that bite completely died off. I pulled spearing the rest of the trip and was rewarded with a 20" keeper and another short. Jason would add his second 19"+ fluke and 3 shorts. I did drop 2 fish towards the end that in my opinion would have been keepers with the second one a definite moose, even the captain said that as he was standing right next to me at the time--fish just spit the hook.

My #5 was an ounce (or less) from taking the pool. Mine and the other looked appeared even on the balance beam and the decision was left to the captain to make the call.

15 keepers for 20 fares.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 06/05 Magic Hour Fluke Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
Good job by you and your son.  t^ Tuff loosing the pool by such a small margin.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »
 t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
 t^ t^ clp t^ t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »
Thanks for the report . t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-