Author Topic: finally getting out to fish  (Read 1125 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
finally getting out to fish
« on: August 11, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »
I'm going out tommorrow to fish and also to make some waypoints on the gps for the fall stripers.   I will be going to shrewbury rocks ,,romers shoal,, a bunch of channels.  and I will also be fishing a bit at these spots.  I've have not done much fluke fishing and never fished for weaks....any last minute tips for me or maybe even some good all around spots.    leaving out of AHMM bright and early.    I am bringing my 11 yr old daughter and my brother in law with his 7 yr old son and I do want to give them a good time....

thanks
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: finally getting out to fish
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »
If you fish the Shrewsbury Rocks you will have a lot of hang ups.  I don't know how good of a time a kid, expecially inexperienced fishermen, would have with that.  You might be better off fishing the Ambrose or Sandy Hook channel for fluke.  However, if you do fish the Rocks, try outside the outer buoy of the Rocks.  That are to the Rattlesnake is usually good for fluke and seabass.  I may make it up that far tomorrow.  Will be stopping at a few spots closer first.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Re: finally getting out to fish
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »
thanks joe.
 I was going to the rocks to  get a waypoint(never been there) and I was going to look for some bass that were there not to long ago. and maybe blues too.    but fluke is the goal with whatever else hits.  i'd like to try for some weakies but dont know where to go.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-