Author Topic: Wed. bust  (Read 1195 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Wed. bust
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
Left AHMM around 230. Bay was so nasty did not bother to look for bait. Rounded the hook to beautiful cool air and ran south looking for bunker or to mark fish. Made it all the way to MI with nothing. Out deep in close it was empty. ran back north slowly and did some trolling and still looking for marks. Still nothing. We had some some boating small blues and even turned a new guy on to his first bluefish. Actually one of many. Came back around the hook and met the wall of heat. Trolled some more around the knoll and channels. Still no bass.  By the breakwall at the marina we had a little topwater movement that were playing with plugs but would not bite....  Next time I guess.

And forgot to say that we ran over a real nice sized drum pod swimming north. Ran right thru them actually. They tightened back up and we followed them for a few. Was not sure at all how to go about catching one . I do know they like clams. :headscra:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:31:38 PM by makokeith »
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline how many

Re: Wed. bust
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
monday is the last they have been around.dont know how that much bait can disappear?
member of round valley trout assoc. and eastern lake ontario trout and salmon assoc.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Wed. bust
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
Good try. I did the same. Troll, jig, look for bunker.  :P

They will be back. It's not over yet.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-