Author Topic: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 6/27/11  (Read 1360 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 6/27/11
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:07:08 AM »
Had Bob Leiberman and son Bailey out for a "Magic Hours" Fluke charter in what turned out to be a great afternoon. (What can I say to Tom and John from the 26th....time to fish weekdays. Maybe too much boat traffic on weekends and that's spooking the fish not to bite.)

Good thing I started these "Magic Hours" charters for 2011 as it is now obvious that the best fishing is occurring late in the day when all the boat traffic gone and the sun is setting. These fish were very hungry and their stomach's where empty as was evident when we were cleaning the fish.

This was a 2 man, afternoon charter, with Bob and his son in which we caught 34 fish (7 keepers and 27 throwbacks) with the keepers ranging from 2 lb's to Bailey's fat beauty of 5.2 lb'er. And let me tell you, can this boy fish! Talk about dragging bait and setting a mean hook. He had great technique for a beginner and he's just a fast learner as we gave a few instructions to him and his dad on the fine art of Fluke fishing. From his very first fish, nothing more was said and he just kept whacking one after the other. Boy, was I proud!

Just want to take this opportunity to thank Bob and Bailey for the kind words and for a really enjoyable afternoon on the water. This was some really great fishing with almost nobody around us competing for obviously a new body of fish. We dragged spearing/squid combo as well a bucktailing.

Just a quick plug.....if you're interested in catching some fish, try to refrain from the weekends as it's very obvious to me now that the massive boat traffic around on Saturday's and Sunday's are driving the fish to bury themselves in the bottom and not feed aggressively. So keep that in mind when booking your charter with Reel Fun Sportfishing. Our Magic Hours fishing trips are a wonderful time to be on the water especially during the week.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 6/27/11
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
Nice Capt.
Gota give it a try. slt
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
 t^ slt t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:18:02 PM »
Good job Capt John. Always nice when the crowd is gone.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Got to love it when the plan comes together.  Great job by the Bailey! Some nice flatties there Capt John t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-