Author Topic: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report 7/2/11-Nice Fish**  (Read 943 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report 7/2/11-Nice Fish**
« on: July 03, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
Fellow Anglers,

Had Jack Famularo of Little Falls, NJ party fishing with us today for what was a somewhat frustrating day as we caught numerous shorts (63) in many areas of Raritan Bay and could only post 5 keepers for the box to show for our efforts. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention the one grand fish of the day- a 8 lb 12 oz beast that hit a 6 oz Spro which obviously made our day.

Although we had fantastic drifting conditions in one key spot we were in, it was one short after another with a keeper every now and then thrown in. Once the current went into high gear, it was basically over in that area and it was time to move again searching for fish. Frustrating day as far as keepers were concerned. Too bad as this group of men were really fun to be with and I was hoping for a little better success. 12 to 14 keepers would have made me much happier.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:41:15 PM by ReelFun »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report 7/2/11-Nice Fish**
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Not a bad catch with the conditions you had.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-