Author Topic: Fish Monger Sat 7/9 Shba Day 1 INCREDIBLE Fluke Bite!!! DOUBLE LIMIT+  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Had Bob Bates and the crew with us again this year for the SHBA tourney. Joe jigs, Tony Trigs, and Cool hand Al. 4 man crew and they are nice enough to enter Myself and Wayne so we can wet a Line!!!

Just when i thought the bite was good last week!!!!!!

Got to the grounds and was the only boat on scene... the first short drift we slid the wrong way but managed 2 Keepers.

Repositioned and it was GAME ON!!! LIGHTS OUT FISHING!!! One of the sickest bucktail bites i ever seen. Everyone was hooked up and just about all the fish were keepers in the 3-6lb class!!! Fish flying everywhere i looked...First few drifts were insane!!! the guys did some damage real fast!!!

Even had 2 DOUBLE HEADER KEEPERS!!! Dropped a couple of good ones which hurt and had a Bunch in the 5 -6lb class but we knew we needed better.
Pounded away at them and by 815am the guys had a Limit landed threw the last few back leaving a slot open for a big one... by 10 am i had mine limit and waynes too minus 2 fish to leave open for a big one or two.

Went into release mode for the rest of the day and threw back Keeper after keepers (30+)n Prob bounced 15-20 keepers off the rail at the boat since we werent netting anything under 5 lbs!!!

Bite finally slowed when the current switched and the mob scene of 1000 boats showed up.
Still we hung in there hoping for a big one... filled our last two fish spots with a 7 1/4 lb and a 6lber but still not good enough.

Just down right Incredible fishing!!! One of the best days we ever had and we had a few good ones!!! Still cant believe we were throwing back keepers.

By days end the guys caught a DOUBLE LIMIT+ Just over 80 keepers landed up 7 1/4 lbs!!! Didnt keep one under 20 in!!! Everyone kept a limit and we released all the rest for another day!!!

Didnt get a winner but Doing it again in the am....Looking to find the right one tomorrow

Thanks again to guys for a Fun day!

Offline Tbone

WOW.  What a great day for the fluke.  Nice t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
That's an awesome day of fluking guys! t^

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Nice one guys t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Slamming t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Great day!!  You guys Rock! TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
Thanks Guys!!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-