Author Topic: Tuesday7/13 Paramount Deepwater Trip  (Read 1160 times)

Offline tautog73

Tuesday7/13 Paramount Deepwater Trip
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
Went out with around 30 patrons including Lingking Ryan W taking a well deserved fishing holiday from his increasingly busy mating schedule.  Conditions could have been better as wind and a very strong current were at odds.  Some fish were caught including maybe 15 nice cod, but it was not as good as it had been.  By the very end of the day, I felt like I was fluke fishing with a 14 oz sinker skipping along the bottom and letting out line.  I think with less current we could have been up on in the 20s on ling with more of the 4lb plus logs you tend to see out over 200 feet.  I just never remember a real slammer day on big ling when the current is ripping.  I think they are too lazy to move a bit for a meal.  Was hoping for some big ones because Ryan has never had a ling over 3lbs.  He might have beaten his record by a few ounces, but didn't get the 7lber for his wall.

Nevertheless I had a nice catch, 4 keeper cod, including an 8 1/2lber and an 11lber and 9 mixed sized ling.  Ryan had no cod love but had 14 nice ling to fill his box.  We donated many of our ling to some young visitors from Greece fishing with their American cousins.  Pool was a 12lb cod. 

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Tuesday7/13 Paramount Deepwater Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:40:59 PM »
Nice catch for poor conditions. Always tough when you need a pound of lead to try to hold when bottom fishing.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Tuesday7/13 Paramount Deepwater Trip
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-