Author Topic: FISHERMEN/BIG BROTHER IS HERE!!!  (Read 2765 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/BIG BROTHER IS HERE!!!
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:59:40 PM »
How about this one guys....Heard on the radio today that the C.G. helicopter was patrolling the 3 mile zone, hovered over the Dauntless and asked if he had his federal fishery permits!! At $5,000 an hour to run this operation at the taxpayers expense, are you kidding me!!
It's not like we are dealing with freakin Samoli pirates here!!! Were just fishermen trying to survive.
What if he said no, are they gonna repel officers down onto the boat and take him into custody! Fine him huge money for throwing everything back anyway!

What the hell is going on? American's putting Americans out of business? Are we on the most wanted list now for trying to catching the few fish that we are gracefully allowed?
Total BS
I'd lay 60 to 40 odds come September the Fluke season will be closed early because of all the fish we are catching
Once again, SAD, VERY SAD...........

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: FISHERMEN/BIG BROTHER IS HERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:15:13 PM »
I heard that today. Made me shake my head in disbelief. Where has the sanity gone?!?!?!  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
Wow....

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »
 cfzd rgmn

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:37 PM »
WTF   nosmly 5hrug

Offline Bottom Dweller

• FISH HARD OR GET OUT OF THE BOAT
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »
Crazy
You can't catch'em from the couch. Can ya?

Skipper of the Slowski

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 07:31:14 AM »
I guess they have nothing more productive to do.. nosmly
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
Wow.. madness 4 sure.. how do you even show your permit to a guy in a chopper?? .. ya would think maybe thru some miracle of modern technology, they could just call in on one of those walkie talkies and have someone look it up on one of those new computer thingies...  ::) hmm.. but that would'nt effectively cast the "eye" now would it..   nosmly

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
WOW some real angry peeps around here thats for sure. This is what I heard second hand and this thread is up on another site...again this is second hand from the coffee shop in a shore town.
 The Coast Guard has been using  these kinds of missions as trian exercises for the flight crews to gain very valuable flight time so that when a true emergency arises they will be properly prepared. Also this is second hand but they said the crews are being critiqued on the communications and logging of information that that they have with any vessel. Again this is second hand but the guys went on to say that in the spring is was mainly  enforcement/deterant as large numbers of vessels (for hire/Party/private) were illegally targeting striped bass in federal waters.
Me myself I like to see the Coasties out there and if I am going to be angry I can just go to the Seaside board walk for about 2 minutes. If you are angry about all the Coast Guard "harassment" please remember not to call them if the need should arise.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
No disrespect to the Coasties here. After all, I was one for four years.

I also think that 'training' is a good thing.

What I am amazed about is the fact that they would call a vessel and ask if they had a permit. I know they had a cutter off the coast doing the same thing this week, talking to vessels in their area (I heard them also). Perhaps the chopper would have called the cutter in to do a follow up boarding if necessary.  5hrug

Just strange to me that they would take the captain's word as truth.

Being a LEO for 26 years may have something to do with my thoughts on this. After all, our motto is: 'In God We Trust, Everyone Else Gets Checked Through NCIC.'  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »
I certainly have no disrespect for the C.G. and feel thier intensions are to the letter of the law.
However, I don't feel they should be the enforcement puppets for NOAA, at the cost of the taxpayer, and that's what it's coming down too, beleave it or not.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-