Author Topic: Saturday and Sunday fluking and fun  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Saturday and Sunday fluking and fun
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
Left the docks around 5:30pm Saturday with a new to boating/fishing friend from work, his gf, and my first mate.  His gf had to work, hence the late start but I really didn't want to be out in the high noon heat myself so I didn't mind the late start.  We headed out to the reach and picked at a bunch of small Fluke before the horseflies made their kamikaze invasion on us.  Also, watched a fish hit the rod in my traxstech rod holder, snapped the stainless steel reinforcement before I could get to it and litrally took off with my rod so fast it was surfing for about 30 feet away from the boat.  No idea what that was!

Moved us out around the tip where we hit some small rollers.  Got to the spot and again it was one after another small fluke.  They weren't planning on keeping any any so they didn't mind.  Then my friends rod doubles over and he is having a hell of a time reeling in line.  I knew right away it was a doggie, which was fun for them to see and fight with but exhausting for me to release since he barrel rolled a ton of line and tangled himself up.  Called it shortly after that, headed in for dinner and then back out for a front row view of the Keyport fireworks from the boat. 

Sunday I went out with an old friend of mine from way back in elementary school.  He was a little nervous about going out on a boat and said he gets seasick easily, so I knew this would be an interesting one.  Went out to my spot in the reach and there was a ton of Party boats set up on my spot.  I shimmied myself in and picked a bunch of shorts again.  Moved over to the SH bay since we were gonna have lunch at the Clam Hut and bamm, up comes a 23 incher.  I have a frezzer with alot of meat, and my friend doesn't eat fish so he went back in the drink.  Dropped my line and instantly another 21" comes up.  It was bumper boats out there, but man the fluke were nice sized!  I pulled another 3 keepers for a total of 5 for the day between 20-23" before finally heading to lunch and calling it a day.  Thanks to the clouds the heat wasn't as bad on Sunday, but again I was baiting, dropping, and releasing everything so I was spent. 

A fun weekend, but I think I am save taking noobies out for when it's 80 degrees or less outside.   ;D
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday and Sunday fluking and fun
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »
Nice weekend  t^

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
Your a good sport. slt

Know the feeling. Always loved taking newbees and help them have fun. But once in a while you need a personal day. clp clp
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:22:54 AM »
Sounds like a nice weekend Mike.

Wow! I have had a lot of pressure on traxstech rod holders and never had a problem. Call them, nice people. They might do something for you.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
Nice t^

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 06:35:45 AM »
NIce Report t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
 t^ whs t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »
Sounds like some fun trips.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
Sounds like a nice weekend Mike.

Wow! I have had a lot of pressure on traxstech rod holders and never had a problem. Call them, nice people. They might do something for you.

Rick,

I couldn't believe what I saw.  I was up in the bow and my fiancee and two guests were back in the stern BS'ing.  I start yelling "fish!" when I see the rod tip doubling over and bouncing like crazy.  It was gone before they could even react.  Was definitely not a snag.  When the holder finally snapped all that was left was the base that slides into the holder and the remnants of the steel reinforcement ring that was literally snapped and bent out of shape.  The pole was surfing for about 30 feet throwing a small rooster tail before it finally went under. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »
 thud
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
That stinks that you lost a rod. :P  Otherwise it sounds like a fun weekend. t^

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
Nice weekend ...way to bear the heat and put smiles on your friends faces..  clp  I wussed out and hung in the AC this week.. Tough break on the lost outfit  nosmly  but at least you will have a good story to tell..   t^  chrz

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
double header!!  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-