Author Topic: 7/23. Fatal Boat Accindent Navesink River  (Read 12018 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
7/23. Fatal Boat Accindent Navesink River
« on: July 24, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
Last night around 1130 pm a boat traveling at High speed broadsided another boat in the Navesink River near the 20 can. There were 4 persons on each boat.   1 person is missing and presumed dead all the others were injuried.  Becareful when traveling in the area today as recovery efforts are still under way.  Our prayers go out to all the victims.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:28:52 AM by CaptBob »

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: 7/23. Fatal Boat Accindent Navesink River
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »
Thats tragic, but why in the hell would you be traveling at such a high rate of speed in the dark? SAD
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
Body of the victim has been recovered.

Another senseless loss

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
MIDDLETOWN — A man was killed and another was charged with driving while intoxicated after a two-boat collision Saturday night on the Navesink River, according to the New Jersey State Police.

Two boats – one a Boston Whaler with five people aboard, the other a Stingray powerboat with two – collided about 11:32 p.m., Polite said. All five on the Whaler were thrown off but reboarded their boat, but the man who was thrown off the Stingray by the impact was lost in the water.

State and local police were searching the affluent area of Middletown by land, sea and air by 1 a.m. Several women, barefoot and wrapped in blankets, huddled in ambulances as the search dragged on last night. Middletown rescue units called off the search at 5:12 a.m. But state police were searching the area again several hours later by boat and helicopter, and found the missing boater around 9 a.m. today.

George Harrington, a 39 year old from Atlantic Highlands was charged with driving while intoxicated today. He has been identified as the pilot of the Whaler, Polite said.

Polite also said state police detectives are on their way to continue the investigation of the collision and the death.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Last night around 1130 pm a boat traveling at High speed
rgmn rgmn rgmn

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »
This goes to show you that drinking and boatin is just as bad as DRINKING and driving..It is a shame alot of peoples life's have now changed because of a few people drinking that nite.It is a shame that stuff like this happens but humans are humans and WE ALL have made a mistake or two before maybe not as bad as this..I don't mean to bring this up but the other day some one here brought up the topic of marijuana and the boat thing virus alcohol and the boat thing.the tread was deleted for good reasons however this is the perfect example of alcohol and boats this is the 4th time a bwi (boating while intox.) has been in the news with a death...I think i can rest my case on this subject..We at "ever enough" sport fishing give our deepest heart felt sympathies to the family of the deceased.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:50:49 AM »
however i do have a few naggin pulls at my side like why was there no look outs? were they that drunk?? if so did the bar give them to much? or did they bring it with them?its a small area where this happened..the shallows are all over there not to mention the rock's at rocky point? marked with bouy's they are. were they running with lights on?was someone looking out with a flood/spot light? 11:30 pm if your a captain of a vessel(any size) wouldnt you have a lookout with a light? for the safety of ur crew/guest???? im not sayin or puttin blame on any one.Boats are almost like car's except they dont have brake's.....I'm a 100% safety FIRST captain zero tolerance for drunk's....wait till you get home to crack open a brew...Id rather hear your bad/good fishing report then read your death notice!!!Please drink responsible me and my family fish on these waters.thanks for understanding, from us at "Ever Enough"sport fishing and M&A Recycling and Demo. Captain Aaron

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »
Very tragic. Goes to show that it doesn't matter if your dead right or dead wrong, your still dead. God bless this poor victim's soul, and his family during their time of loss. <'((((><   
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
not good.. why speed in the dark... WTF...
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
First, my heart goes out to the families and friends involved.
Boating at night is risky and dangerous. Even if the DUI operator had one drink, It legally could make him over the limit on the meter. And yes, one drink can affect your judgement.
As mentioned above, why a high rate of speed in the dark?

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline TRSteve71

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
Its a shame for the loss of life! My prayers go out to the family of the lost boater!!

This might come across as politically inncorrect but I am gonna post it anyway.

I think Offshore touched on it.

This is another reason why Alcohol should be given the same type of attitude toward it as everyone gives toward Marijuana. Enough said! Neither one is a good thing but I see a ton more deaths from Alcohol in cars and boats than I have seen with Marijuana!!

Offline Axehandle

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
not good.. why speed in the dark... WTF...

I think the BWI is pretty self explanatory - alcohol and other substances impair a person's judgement and ability to reason.  How many times have we heard the story of the person refusing to give up their keys when intoxicated and end up killing someone.

It's tragic and seems that no matter how much we publicize these incidents there doesn't appear that it has much affect.  Alcohol can make a person 10ft tall and bullet proof, or if you'd prefer - it won't happen to me. 

Prayer for the injured and the family of the deceased and for the guy when he wakes up today to be faced with manslaughter.
I FISH therefore I am.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:26 PM »
Its a shame for the loss of life! My prayers go out to the family of the lost boater!!

This might come across as politically inncorrect but I am gonna post it anyway.

I think Offshore touched on it.

This is another reason why Alcohol should be given the same type of attitude toward it as everyone gives toward Marijuana. Enough said! Neither one is a good thing but I see a ton more deaths from Alcohol in cars and boats than I have seen with Marijuana!!
                    thanks!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-