Author Topic: Saturday 08/06 and Monday 08/08 Raritan bay report  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Saturday 08/06 and Monday 08/08 Raritan bay report
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
Saturday, headed out with my godfather. pushed off at 9am, quick stop for fuel and we were off.  Made it to my spot in the reach only to see the fleet of 100 boats drifting there.  Still wanted to give it a go so we set up on the far east side of the pack and took the NW drift.  Almost immediately we were hitting short after short.  I finally landed a nice 21" and another 20" right after.  My godfather landed about 20+ fish, but no keepers.  I landed 10 total, but 2 keepers.  Them's the breaks I guess.  We headed in around 2 when the winds picked up and made it near impossible to hold bottom with 8oz sinkers and the bite turned off.

Monday evening after work I went by myself to the same spot.  Funny nobody was there this time.  I also finally added my NJSWF flag proudly on my antenna  t^.  Apparently the flag doesn't help the fishing as I olnly caught two shorts after 4 drifts.  Hoping to get out again Wednesday eve if weather permits. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday 08/06 and Monday 08/08 Raritan bay report
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Good luck and keep the reports comming. slt
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Saturday 08/06 and Monday 08/08 Raritan bay report
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:56:27 AM »
 t^ whs t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-