Author Topic: Va Beach Norfolk Canyon Report  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Va Beach Norfolk Canyon Report
« on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:19 AM »
Anglers:

Im going to start this off by saying "Wow" what a weekend of fishing in the Canyon.

Today I had aboard one of the owners of G&H Offshore Lure Co., two boys from Qantico, and two Navy Officers that just returned from a 7 month Deployment. (By the way Gentlemen "Thank You all for your Service").

We started out in 30 Fathoms around the Navy buoys and had fun bailing mahi off them. Picked up 12 until a white came in and crashed the party. He didnt want us just the mahi that were hanging off the bouys and a log that was floating by.

I pointed the bow torwards the canyon when a mystery bite occured but didnt come tight. I'd been fishing the pot bouys in the canyon all summer getting nice mahi and tuna close by when all hell breaks loose. Our 1st billfish of the day wrecks havoc on everything and leaves. He must not had enough so he turns and comes back in and get hooks on a G&H Seawitch. Hooked up this time, little to be known it wasnt a white it is a small blue. Get him to the boat, take pics and release him for another day. Back on the troll and pass our 1st bouy and it looks like noboby is home and a Penn 50 starts screaming like its on fire. Bert grabs the rod and lands a nice stud 42lbs Wahoo. Ok now we've got meat. Troll around the Canyon ledge and pic up a mahi here and there a few Fat Alberts and decide around 3 to call it a day. All lines are in except the Shotgun and when it reaches the stern it looks like someone droppped a VW bus next to the boat. Marlin hook up. Get the girl to the boat and it a huge white. Get some action shots let the anglers pat her back and she's off to produce more bills for us tomorrow.

Back to the dock and creek two guys at the slip.

If your interested in making a trip, the fishing offshore Va Beach is "Red Hot". Special Discounts for everyone and I have great contacts & deals this year on lodging. So get off the couch, call your friends and let's "Go Fishing"!!!!!!

If you are not familar with G&H Offshore Lure Co. Check out their site at www.ghlureco.com they are also a sponsor of NJSWF as well. I can personally vouch for these guys. Their products catch fish, their customer service is outstanding, (just like Hotrods) and if you need assistance Phil is second to none when it come to helping out. Give em a look, you cant go wrong. And in closing, THEY ARE 100% HAND MADE IN THE USA by AMERICANS.

Tight Lines and be safe out there! See you on the water.

Capt. Scott

Attached are some pics for you to enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:26:49 AM by On Course »

Offline Fireman Ed

Re: Va Beach Norfolk Canyon Report
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »
WoW is right what an awesome day on the water great fish great Report awesome pics. clp
IBSP #4333-1 Gray Ford F-150. Go Big or Go home empty handed!!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:10:53 AM »
WTG Guys t^  Great trip.. awesome Pics t^

Offline GH Lures

• Sponsor
  • Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »
Great trip Capt. Scott.  If you guys want to some great offshore action, get with Capt Scott.  If you have never caught a billfish now is the time to fish Virginia Beach!

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
Sweet nice trip you had. Love the pictures. chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »
Action packed trip  t^ 

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
Awesome stuff guys!  clp
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-