Author Topic: Band together & fight!  (Read 1593 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Band together & fight!
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:22:59 PM »
 smk
Per CapeAngler:
I don’t know what exactly CCA did with my dues for umpteen years, but who represents the recreational industry?

To me, the jury is still out on the CCA. I have heard both good & bad. I belong to the FRA & RAF. I know where they stand.
"Is the recreational fishing industry willing to band together" CapeAngler
"Band together & fight!"
Here is where a great deal of our problems begin. NOAA, PEW, EDF, Gulf Council, etc., are all very well organized, and willing to spend to expand their agendas. Even the commercial sector is much more willing to spend than the residential element. Even our "Friend" Wal-Mart! Take a good look at Wal-Mart, $30,000,000.00 donated towards the advancement of catch shares. Wal-Mart is expecting huge profits from selling us back what once was our fish.
Many of us on the rec. side are very serious about fighting for our sport. However, way too many are simply not willing to get involved. If our once great sport is to survive, we must all,  "Band together & fight!"
We know the Gulf is over-run with red snapper, gags, and amber jacks. So what does NOAA do? All but eliminates red snapper & gag fishing, and, guess what, I just received notice that the amber jack quota is likely going to be exceeded. Guess here is that they will come after pin fish next.
History has proven that we can expect little to no help from either the Gulf Council, or the FWC.  rgmn
"Is the recreational fishing industry willing to band together" We have three choices:
(1) Band together & fight!
(2) Do nothing & get ready for, "Pay for fish!"
(3) Learn to play Golf instead of Gulf!
Bob Harbison Native Florida Recreational Fisherman

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Band together & fight!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
 t^

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Im in  sltIll fight along side ya's chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:56:40 AM »
CCA, FRA, RAF?  :headscra:
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-