Author Topic: Saturday 08/20 Doggies and searobins!  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Saturday 08/20 Doggies and searobins!
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
Was planning to head to the Ambrose Saturday.  Got off to a late start, pulled into Peterson's for fuel at 11:15am.  Sign said out to lunch until 1:30.  Now.....who the hell takes over 2 hours for lunch and shuts down shop on a busy Saturday?  Anyway, plans changed since fuel was low, so we headed to the swarm of boats at the 9 can in the reach.  Dropped lines, almost immediately a big doggie was on the line.  Guess they've finally started showing up in the bay.  Dropped down again, and it was sea robin bonanza.  Double header sea robins, double header doggie and sea robin.  Probably caught about 30 sea robins in 3 hours and 10 doggies.  Not one fluke. 

Went to the Highlands for food and fuel and then went outside hoping to find some fluke.  Sure enough, I found the second most populated Sea Robin location in the northern atlantic.  Either that or I had some sign on the bottom of my boat offering half off food and drinks for all sea robins and they were just following me.  Not one fluke all day.  Not on bucktails, feathers, gulp, spearing/squid, nothing. 

The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday 08/20 Doggies and searobins!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:58:57 AM »
Dam dock attendents rofla   anyway at least you caught something. Some thing is better then nothing!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:42:48 AM by offshore madness »
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03:38 AM »
Serious ? Was anything you were using pink?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
 fcp   Went out Saturday also, I ended up in SEAROBBINVILLE TOO !!!!!!!! All I can say is... the kids had a great time.   fcp
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
Pink, white, and chartreuse.  tried em all, searobins and doggies every time.  I did see there's a newer guy who joined here looking to cacth searobins.  I figure a few more like him and I'll have one hell of a charter business opportunity.  I'm damn good at searobins and doggies!
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
The last time I was out we were catching tons of shorts no sr or df then I switched from chart to pink gulp and it was the exact opposite switched back to chart and it was only shorts again.they didn't touch the green or white but as soon as the pink hit the bottom it was on its way back up with garbage fish.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:39:11 AM »
The last time I was out we were catching tons of shorts no sr or df then I switched from chart to pink gulp and it was the exact opposite switched back to chart and it was only shorts again.they didn't touch the green or white but as soon as the pink hit the bottom it was on its way back up with garbage fish.

If you look at my post from our last outing you will see our tackle we use....
  I only use  green feathers and Michy only uses pink feathers..We use Killie/squid/robbin if we even get one/fluke belly.WE have been using the same to rigs all year long!

Maybe you should try another spot.We fish the hook channel buoy #7 we always get them flukies with one maybe 1- 2 robbins and thats a big maybe.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-