Author Topic: fishing bay structure  (Read 1739 times)

Offline rycher

fishing bay structure
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »
In the bay where i fish there is some structure, wooden pillars perpendicular to shore (sorry, dunno proper term  fcp )

I often read info refering to "look for structure".

My question is do you think this area may yield more fish than say a more open area of the bay or is the structured area a tackle/hardware headache waiting to happen?..perhaps both?.

As a side note, the structured area is further back in the bay by about a mile or 2.

Just looking for opinions. I plan to walk it @ low tide to get a better feel for the area, and probably will donate some gear but i HATE losing rigs/lures.
"...knowledge, is it worth such torment..."

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: fishing bay structure
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
Where are you talking about
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline rycher

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 04:32:56 PM »
raritan bay from shore

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Then you must be talking of clifwood beach or lawrence harbor yes structure is always good for two reasons 1 the bait fish like to hide in there for protection but the big fish know that so they wait around structure for opportunity and second especially when the tides running string if gives the fish a place to rest so say when the tide is running from left to right you wanna fish the right side of your structure because. It breaks the current making it calm behind that. Typically where I think your fishing I fish way to the right of that because 1 its very shallow and 2 there's a lot of snags down there if I think the fish are in the pilings I use worms or bunker chunks with a big bobber or water ballon to keep me off the snags, but structure plays differnt rolls for bottom fish and I'm a novice at that so I'm sure the other guys can explain this
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
ok what town. Port monmouth,white beach,belford, and leanardo all have what ur talking about.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline rycher

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »
cliffwood

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-