Author Topic: New Gear For '08  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
New Gear For '08
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
Even though we still have a good amount of fishing left to do in 2007, what gear, tackle etc. are planning on buying over the winter for next season?

Not including resupplying hooks, swivels and the like the gear that I'm looking to add;

Newell 229 with the lower gear ratio to be placed on a Seeker BA-85 rod (already have the rod).

A 8' spinning rod and matching reel for plugging the Raritan Bay shoreline.

Decent pair of waders. Either neoprene or breathable haven't made up my mind yet.

If I don't get a pair of Penn 9 reels repaired correctly than I'll replace them with probably a Daiwa Sealine 27. (The newer Penn 9s are pure garbage compared to the older models).

Maybe another 6'6" spinning rod for bucktailing back bay and river fluke. One I have now I love but am heistant to put anything over one ounce on it, so would look for something that can handle up to 1.5 ounces.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: New Gear For '08
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »
nothing for me but fix up some reels and maybe more lead
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »
More lead for sure, service a few reels, and lots of line/braid for some new reels that I added to collection and def in market for an Avet MX, Shimano trinidad type reel ;)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »
It's going to be a long winter since my season was pre-maturly ended with a smashed toe and sprained ankle...I'm going to follow one of your tips and stock up on Gami Siwash hooks to replace on all my Ava's. Maybe get a cheap fly vise and experiment with some bucktail or feathers.

Maybe downsizing in the boat department. I'd like to go from my 21' Hydra Sports to a 17'er. I'm on the fence about getting an Aluminum boat and doing a little more freshwater next year and going on more head boats and open trips fir the salt or going for something like a Boston Whaler Montauk.

I'm thinking of doing a Fla bottom fishing trip in the spring. If I do that, I'll need a heavy conventional in the 50lb class. I'd like something that could double as a cod fishing rod...something else in the "thinking phase"...Man, it's going to be a long off season!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »
Saw these in the latest Fisherman magazine.  I might look into getting a pair.  The price is kind of steep though.  I will have to consider the benefit of getting the rod out of the rigger easier to justify the price tag.

http://www.ezoutrodder.com/
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Duffman

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 06:56:46 PM »
Shimano TLD to put on a tuna jig stick.
Another Avet SX and add an LX.
A light bay spin setup.
A Seeker BA-85 rod (have an Abu for it).
Diawa Dendoh (tile setup)
 Toying with the idea of 2 wire line bunker spoon setups.

I'll see how close this gets me to divorce, I may try and squeeze a few more things in before May!!!

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 10:05:22 PM »
25' Parker with twin 150 yammies TT^ TT^ TT^

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »
I didn't include boating stuff which is new VHF, trim Tabs (both of which I already have, just have to install), water pressure gauge for my O/B and a Lowrance LMF-400 NMEA multi gauge with the fuel flow sensor so I can minimize my usage of the $4+ per gallon fuel next summer ;(

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-