Author Topic: Peanut Bunker and Snappers  (Read 1574 times)

Offline njadam

Peanut Bunker and Snappers
« on: August 12, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
Could someone tell me what is the best way to fish peanut bunker and snappers. What kind of rig do you use? Do you fish then by themselves or with other bait? How do you hook them.Can you freeze peanut bunker and then use them again? Also will fluke go after 2 inch weak fish. I caught some in my cast net on saturday. Thank you very much!

Offline salty pig

• the pig
Re: Peanut Bunker and Snappers
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »
Dont think u can  use  weakfish for bait illegal i would assume. Im just going on the fact that there is a size limit for them
'

Offline njadam

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:05:40 PM »
salty pig,

Sometimes things like that slip my mind thanks for reminding me. I threw them all back in because i wasnt going fishing the day i caught them. It was pretty funny they were jumping out of the bucket i put them in.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:47:44 PM »
throw those weakfish back...  Whatever your fluke rig is, just use the peanut bunker and snappers like they were killies.  Bare hook, jig, it doesn't matter..  I scored on the fluke today using peanut, striped with squid and a gulp.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-