Author Topic: USS RADFORD broken in three sections.  (Read 1626 times)

Offline njdiver

USS RADFORD broken in three sections.
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
As reported earlier this week the Radford is now in three sections. Not that i didnt believe the report just had to see for myself. We dove the main section (bridge) and found a line someone had run (thank you someone) to the Gregory poole. Vis was nothing to brag about but still had a good dive. Seems that the sea bass has found the ship worthy, no big ones but plenty of little guys swimming around. I personally didnt hit all three sections but between three divers we were able to hit all three on the dive. Beautiful fall day on the water.

http://www.spearboard.com/showpost.php?p=1541763&postcount=1http://www.spearboard.com/showpost.php?p=1541763&postcount=1

Offline njdiver

Re: USS RADFORD broken in three sections.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
Ted Green/Radford Interview 10/10/11 WBOC News

http://vimeo.com/30351444http://vimeo.com/30351444

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
That must have been a nice dive,  Thanks for the info. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
 grtn Hello there NjDiver! I have a couple question's that made you can answer for me?

One. Can you take pictures underwater at that depth with a regular underwater camara or do you need one of those special camara's?

Two...Now that the ship broke apart wouldnt that be better for habitat and divers? or is it more dangerous now that its not together?

Three...How long can you stay down exploring? and how long does it take to come up? I no you cant come up to fast or u get the bends...Is there a certain amout of time for every 10 feet?

Thanks, chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline njdiver

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
Hello there NjDiver! I have a couple question's that made you can answer for me?

One. Can you take pictures underwater at that depth with a regular underwater camara or do you need one of those special camara's?
As she is at least 55’ to her top, mandated clearance depth by Army Corp of Engineers, you will need either a special underwater camera or housing.

Two...Now that the ship broke apart wouldnt that be better for habitat and divers? or is it more dangerous now that its not together?
Easier access to her inner rooms, although they will have been stripped of any souvenirs.

Three...How long can you stay down exploring? and how long does it take to come up? I no you cant come up to fast or u get the bends...Is there a certain amout of time for every 10 feet?
Depends on your depth, time at depth and gas mixture, also type of excursion.  Yes the no-decompression sport diving limits are based on increments of ten feet.

Thanks, chrz
you’re welcome.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:32:46 PM »
 t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-