Author Topic: Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning...  (Read 1224 times)

Offline bossross

Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning...
« on: October 23, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »
Had a chance to go out Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Saturday went down to Seaside and there was absolutely no signs of life anywhere. Hit all the usual spots (spots where the bunker were jumping out of the water last Sunday) to find nothing.

Spent a few hours trolling and jigging over what seemed like good marks, but no takers.

Sunday morning, we started south, again considering the life we saw down there last week, and the marks we saw yesterday we were convinced that we'd see some action today. Nope. We spent 2.5 hours trolling around the huge fleet of boats that were there and we did not see 1 fish landed.

Decided to make the trip up to the Shrewsbury Rocks to see what was going on up there. Got there, joined the fleet and started trolling. Marked a lot of fish. Got 2 knockdowns, bluefish no doubt, considering the head shakes. Both spit the hook before we could see 'em.

On the way home we came upon a fleet of boats right outside the SR inlet. Guys chunking, I saw 1 guy catch a striper. I was excited to just see someone else catch a fish!

Water temp was 59 degrees, so that's a good sign.

Considering the amount of bait in the water, the good marks we're seeing and now the water temps coming down, I'd say things should start to break open soon.

Great few days on the water with my son, we'll get em next time!

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:30:24 PM »
Nice try Capt. always a great day when your with family out on the sea... Better luck next time t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
 whs
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-